LiteCLI

Simon Slavin-3
<https://www.pgcli.com/launching-litecli.html>

LiteCLI is a user-friendly command line client for SQLite with syntax highlighting and command-line completion.  It's written in Python, and tested on Linux, MacOS and Windows.

Re: LiteCLI

Amjith Ramanujam
Hi Folks,

I'm one of the authors of the litecli project. it is an OpenSource tool
with BSD3 license.

Home page: https://litecli.com/

I'm happy to answer any questions.

We don't have support for all the dot commands but we're slowly adding
things.

We currently support .mode, .schema, .tables, .once, .databases etc.

I'd love to get your feedback. :)

Cheers!
Amjith

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 9:10 AM Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <https://www.pgcli.com/launching-litecli.html>
>
> LiteCLI is a user-friendly command line client for SQLite with syntax
> highlighting and command-line completion.  It's written in Python, and
> tested on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
>
> Simon.

Re: LiteCLI

BohwaZ
Looks great!

I was expecting it to behave like the default sqlite CLI tool though,
that is if you fire it with no arguments it would automatically start
a temporary database (see https://www.sqlite.org/inmemorydb.html ), but
it doesn't seem like it's possible?

Cheers.

Re: LiteCLI

Amjith Ramanujam
You can explicitly request an in memory database at the time of launch like
this:

litecli :memory:

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019, 05:44 BohwaZ <[hidden email] wrote:

> Looks great!
>
> I was expecting it to behave like the default sqlite CLI tool though,
> that is if you fire it with no arguments it would automatically start
> a temporary database (see https://www.sqlite.org/inmemorydb.html ), but
> it doesn't seem like it's possible?
>
> Cheers.

Re: LiteCLI

BohwaZ
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 05:51:36 -0800 / Amjith Ramanujam
<[hidden email]> said :

> You can explicitly request an in memory database at the time of
> launch like this:
>
> litecli :memory:

A temporary database is not an in memory database, it can be partially
flushed to disk when it grows too much :)