Minor glitch in FTS5 docs

Jens Alfke-2
At https://sqlite.org/fts5.html#synonym_support <https://sqlite.org/fts5.html#synonym_support> :

> There are several ways to approach this in FTS5:
> 1. By mapping all synonyms to a single token. […]
> 2. By adding multiple synonyms for a single term to the FTS index. […]
> 3. By adding multiple synonyms for a single term to the FTS index. […]

Note that items 2 and 3 start with the same description. I had to compare the following text in the paragraphs to try to figure out what the difference is. It looks like a copy/paste error.

I believe that the first sentence of item 2 should be changed to something like “By adding multiple synonyms for a single term while parsing the FTS query”.

—Jens

Re: Minor glitch in FTS5 docs

Dan Kennedy-4
On 12/15/2018 08:45 AM, Jens Alfke wrote:

> At https://sqlite.org/fts5.html#synonym_support
> <https://sqlite.org/fts5.html#synonym_support> :
>
>> There are several ways to approach this in FTS5: 1. By mapping all
>> synonyms to a single token. […] 2. By adding multiple synonyms for
>> a single term to the FTS index. […] 3. By adding multiple synonyms
>> for a single term to the FTS index. […]
>
> Note that items 2 and 3 start with the same description. I had to
> compare the following text in the paragraphs to try to figure out
> what the difference is. It looks like a copy/paste error.
>
> I believe that the first sentence of item 2 should be changed to
> something like “By adding multiple synonyms for a single term while
> parsing the FTS query”.

Thanks. Now fixed here:

   https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/4002790d9418289f

Dan.