Missing docs

Joshua Thomas Wise
Nowhere in the current documentation does it mention the existence of the SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE compile-time option, and nowhere does it mention that sqldark_source_normalized() requires that option to be present.

The docs should probably mention this.

- Josh

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing docs

Hick Gunter
Which release of sqlite are you referrring to? I am unaware of any function call with a prefix of sqldark in release 3.24? Maybe this is an addon/wrapper/whatever from the Sith?

Nowhere in the current documentation does it mention the existence of the SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE compile-time option, and nowhere does it mention that sqldark_source_normalized() requires that option to be present.

The docs should probably mention this.

- Josh

Re: [EXTERNAL] Missing docs

Shawn Wagner
Or just boring old autocorrect shenanigans...

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019, 12:20 AM Hick Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which release of sqlite are you referrring to? I am unaware of any
> function call with a prefix of sqldark in release 3.24? Maybe this is an
> addon/wrapper/whatever from the Sith?

Re: Missing docs

These docs:

https://sqlite.org/c3ref/expanded_sql.html

The sqlite3_sql and sqlite3_expanded_sql are always be available.

The sqlite3_normalized_sql interface is only available if the SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE compile option is used.

Re: Missing docs

Joshua Thomas Wise
Yes sorry, it was a erroneous copy-paste. I was referring to sqlite3_normalized_sql().

As Keith said, it’s only available if the SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE compile option is used, but that is not documented anywhere.

> On Mar 15, 2019, at 3:56 AM, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> These docs:
>
> https://sqlite.org/c3ref/expanded_sql.html
>
> The sqlite3_sql and sqlite3_expanded_sql are always be available.
>
> The sqlite3_normalized_sql interface is only available if the SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE compile option is used.
>
> ---
> The fact that there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Missing docs

Hick Gunter
Actually It is documented

See https://sqlite.org/changes.html look for release 3.26.0
and https://sqlite.org/c3ref/expanded_sql.html
and https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_26_0.html where the compile option is mentioned

Yes sorry, it was a erroneous copy-paste. I was referring to sqlite3_normalized_sql().

As Keith said, it’s only available if the SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE compile option is used, but that is not documented anywhere.

> On Mar 15, 2019, at 3:56 AM, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> These docs:
>
> https://sqlite.org/c3ref/expanded_sql.html
>
> The sqlite3_sql and sqlite3_expanded_sql are always be available.
>
> The sqlite3_normalized_sql interface is only available if the SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE compile option is used.
>
> ---
> The fact that there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Missing docs

Joshua Thomas Wise
Sure it’s documented in the release log, but it’s not documented in the C-API (https://sqlite.org/c3ref/expanded_sql.html), and it’s not documented among every other compile-time option (https://www.sqlite.org/compile.html).

I don’t know why you listed that second link. It doesn’t mention anything about SQLITE_ENABLE_NORMALIZE. Anyone reading that documentation would simply assume it’s available by default. Perhaps some CDN is causing us to view different versions of that page? This is what I see: https://imgur.com/J6ctQqT