More built-in functions for basic math

Stephan Buchert-2
There is extension-functions.c in

http://sqlite.org/contrib/download/

which I (and probably others) use, works well, gets via my .sqliterc always
loaded.

This extension-functions.c is a bit hard to find, probably because of its
not so descriptive name. It is not standalone, rather it links to libm etc.
Is the suggestion to have sqrt, sin, cos, stdev, ... built into sqlite
standalone, or to provide a more a obvious way to access the library
functions on systems where these are available?

/Stephan

Re: More built-in functions for basic math

Dominique Devienne
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Stephan Buchert <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> There is extension-functions.c in
> http://sqlite.org/contrib/download/
> [...]

Is the suggestion to have sqrt, sin, cos, stdev, ... built into sqlite
> standalone, or to provide a more a obvious way to access the library
> functions on systems where these are available?

The former. I even linked to that .c in the original post. --DD

PS: The latter would be better than nothing (I mean in compiled ready to
use form),
if the former doesn't happen, as seems likely given the lack of response
from DRH.
(via the ML or the SQLite Fossil Timeline)

Re: More built-in functions for basic math

Richard Hipp-3
On 3/10/17, Dominique Devienne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PS: The latter would be better than nothing (I mean in compiled ready to
> use form),
> if the former doesn't happen, as seems likely given the lack of response
> from DRH.
> (via the ML or the SQLite Fossil Timeline)

The SQLite developers have a private chatroom on which this topic is
being discussed.