No such column error

ayagmur
I have been developing a c++ program in windows. In this program, in a
loop, I open database, query and update the records then close it.

I am encountering randomly with "No such column error".

Query looks like that (but there are more columns than this STATUS table):
"select a.BIRTH_DATE, a.BIRTH_PLACE, a.BIRTH_XXX, a.BIRTH.YYY from STATUS
a;"

I randomly encounter with this error while executing sqlite3_prepare_v2
method. When encountered this error, I made a second execution of
sqlite3_prepare_v2  with "select * from STATUS a;" statement. Return value
was SQLITE_OK.

Do you have any idea what is going on?

Thank you very much in advance,

Re: [EXTERNAL] No such column error

Hick Gunter
The mailing list is deprecated. You need to go to https://sqlite.org/forum/ for the sqlite forum.

Can you replicate the problem while using the sqlite shell? Are you checking column names returned from the second statement? Note that a.BIRTH.YYY from your example looks a bit weird for a qualified column name.

My guess is that you are either not accessing the database file you want (rumor has it that windows has some strange goings on under the hood for certain file locations) or not handling transactions properly.

The mailing list is deprecated...... [was: Re: [EXTERNAL] No such column error]

Luuk
"The mailing list is deprecated. You need to go to
https://sqlite.org/forum/ for the sqlite forum." ????

Can anyone give the source of this?

Re: The mailing list is deprecated...... [was: Re: [EXTERNAL] No such column error]

Luuk

On 24-3-2020 09:04, Luuk wrote:
> "The mailing list is deprecated. You need to go to
> https://sqlite.org/forum/ for the sqlite forum." ????
>
> Can anyone give the source of this?

No, i do NOT mean the source of the forum, but the source for "The list
is deprecated"

Re: The mailing list is deprecated...... [was: Re: [EXTERNAL] No such column error]

Norman Dunbar
It originally came from Dr Richard Hipp. It's official.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar
Dunbar IT Consultants Ltd

Registered address:
27a Lidget Hill
Pudsey
West Yorkshire
United Kingdom
LS28 7LG

Company Number: 05132767

On 24/03/2020 08:13, Luuk wrote:

> On 24-3-2020 09:04, Luuk wrote:
>> "The mailing list is deprecated. You need to go to
>> https://sqlite.org/forum/ for the sqlite forum." ????
>>
>> Can anyone give the source of this?
>
> No, i do NOT mean the source of the forum, but the source for "The list
> is deprecated"

Re: The mailing list is deprecated...... [was: Re: [EXTERNAL] No such column error]

Petite Abeille-2

> On Mar 24, 2020, at 09:13, Luuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, i do NOT mean the source of the forum, but the source for "The list is deprecated"

But that's just DRH. The mailing list is fully functional.

Re: The mailing list is deprecated...... [was: Re: [EXTERNAL] No such column error]

See announcement on the mailing list dated march 12th

Re: The mailing list is deprecated...... [was: Re: [EXTERNAL] No such column error]

Luuk
OK i must have must the posts from the 12th of March till the end of
that week 😉, being busy with other things.....

On 24-3-2020 09:19, Hick Gunter wrote:

> See announcement on the mailing list dated march 12th

Weren't we all...

When I requested working from home office on march 10th, the company went from "No, we can't do that until it is mandated by the law" to "Come to the office only if you can't work from home" in a matter of days. With "Please verify if you can access the company VPN from home" in between.

https://www.sqlite.org/support.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@.../msg119468.html