Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

Stephen Chrzanowski
Ok, this IS NOT about SQLite itself in ANY regard, but specifically about
this particular mailing list and how GMail is handling itself.

When I joined this mailing list years ago, I put anything that goes through
here into its own label via the same means that I've got for other email I
regularly receive.  When I go through my PHP Classes emails, my regular in
box, etc, those "Newer" and "Older" buttons are enabled.  However, in THIS
mailing list, when I click on any email, I don't get the option to go to
OLDER messages, but I do get to go to NEWER messages.  That OLDER button
doesn't activate when I go to a NEWER message when hitting the NEWER
button, but this functionality seemingly works everywhere else (I admit I
didn't try EVERY label)

Anyone have an idea why?

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

R Smith

On 2014/08/11 19:19, Stephen Chrzanowski wrote:

> Ok, this IS NOT about SQLite itself in ANY regard, but specifically about
> this particular mailing list and how GMail is handling itself.
>
> When I joined this mailing list years ago, I put anything that goes through
> here into its own label via the same means that I've got for other email I
> regularly receive.  When I go through my PHP Classes emails, my regular in
> box, etc, those "Newer" and "Older" buttons are enabled.  However, in THIS
> mailing list, when I click on any email, I don't get the option to go to
> OLDER messages, but I do get to go to NEWER messages.  That OLDER button
> doesn't activate when I go to a NEWER message when hitting the NEWER
> button, but this functionality seemingly works everywhere else (I admit I
> didn't try EVERY label)
>
> Anyone have an idea why?

Goverment Conspiracy.

THEY Know....

Might be a G-mail setting, mine works fine, but it always have, so no idea what to look for other than to say it should work under
the right circumstances. I'm hoping someone else here already battled with the same issue and won.

Actually, mine gets into gmail via an IMAP server (as per my email address) and isn't a native gmail address, so might not be
comparable...

(Disclaimer: I realize now that this response contains not one single bit of helpful information, but hopefully eliminates one of
the myriad questions)

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

Luuk
On 11-8-2014 19:19, Stephen Chrzanowski wrote:

> Ok, this IS NOT about SQLite itself in ANY regard, but specifically about
> this particular mailing list and how GMail is handling itself.
>
> When I joined this mailing list years ago, I put anything that goes through
> here into its own label via the same means that I've got for other email I
> regularly receive.  When I go through my PHP Classes emails, my regular in
> box, etc, those "Newer" and "Older" buttons are enabled.  However, in THIS
> mailing list, when I click on any email, I don't get the option to go to
> OLDER messages, but I do get to go to NEWER messages.  That OLDER button
> doesn't activate when I go to a NEWER message when hitting the NEWER
> button, but this functionality seemingly works everywhere else (I admit I
> didn't try EVERY label)
>
> Anyone have an idea why?

It seems like some index on your 'label' is broken...

You have 2 posibility's (as far as i see):
1) contact Gmail ;)

2) put a new label on every mail that currently has 'SQLite', remove the
old label, and see if thing start working ok (eventually you can rename
the newLabel to SQLite again)

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

jose isaias cabrera
"Stephen Chrzanowski" wrote...

> Ok, this IS NOT about SQLite itself in ANY regard, but specifically about
> this particular mailing list and how GMail is handling itself.
>
> When I joined this mailing list years ago, I put anything that goes
> through
> here into its own label via the same means that I've got for other email I
> regularly receive.  When I go through my PHP Classes emails, my regular in
> box, etc, those "Newer" and "Older" buttons are enabled.  However, in THIS
> mailing list, when I click on any email, I don't get the option to go to
> OLDER messages, but I do get to go to NEWER messages.  That OLDER button
> doesn't activate when I go to a NEWER message when hitting the NEWER
> button, but this functionality seemingly works everywhere else (I admit I
> didn't try EVERY label)
>
> Anyone have an idea why?

Can you try another browser, if you are using a browser, to see if it
display correctly in another browser?

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

Stephen Chrzanowski
Thanks Jose, this looks to be like a browser issue.  Tried with Chrome and
the buttons are there and working.  Wonder if Google is trying to say
something? {smirk}

I'll check to see if JS is giving off errors or something.

I've tried using a mail client before, and have installed ThunderBird and
even gone with Outlook, but after a few UI decisions on their end, decided
to just stick with the browser.  I loath ribbons.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM, jose isaias cabrera <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Stephen Chrzanowski" wrote...
>

>  Ok, this IS NOT about SQLite itself in ANY regard, but specifically about
>> this particular mailing list and how GMail is handling itself.
>>
>> When I joined this mailing list years ago, I put anything that goes
>> through
>> here into its own label via the same means that I've got for other email I
>> regularly receive.  When I go through my PHP Classes emails, my regular in
>> box, etc, those "Newer" and "Older" buttons are enabled.  However, in THIS
>> mailing list, when I click on any email, I don't get the option to go to
>> OLDER messages, but I do get to go to NEWER messages.  That OLDER button
>> doesn't activate when I go to a NEWER message when hitting the NEWER
>> button, but this functionality seemingly works everywhere else (I admit I
>> didn't try EVERY label)
>>
>> Anyone have an idea why?
>>

> Can you try another browser, if you are using a browser, to see if it
> display correctly in another browser?

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

jose isaias cabrera
"Stephen Chrzanowski" wrote...
> Thanks Jose, this looks to be like a browser issue.  Tried with Chrome and
> the buttons are there and working.  Wonder if Google is trying to say
> something? {smirk}

Google is trying to say something, very clear.  The browser wars is just
starting.

josé

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

Stephen Chrzanowski
*thinks back to IE1 and Netscape*....

Its just starting??

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 7:15 PM, jose isaias cabrera <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Stephen Chrzanowski" wrote...
>
>  Thanks Jose, this looks to be like a browser issue.  Tried with Chrome and
>> the buttons are there and working.  Wonder if Google is trying to say
>> something? {smirk}
>>

> Google is trying to say something, very clear.  The browser wars is just
> starting.
>
> josé

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

jose isaias cabrera
"Stephen Chrzanowski" wrote...

> *thinks back to IE1 and Netscape*....
>
> Its just starting??

True. (WebCrawler anyone?)

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 7:15 PM, jose isaias cabrera <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> "Stephen Chrzanowski" wrote...
>>
>>  Thanks Jose, this looks to be like a browser issue.  Tried with Chrome
>> and
>>> the buttons are there and working.  Wonder if Google is trying to say
>>> something? {smirk}
>>>

>> Google is trying to say something, very clear.  The browser wars is just
>> starting.
>>
>> josé

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

Scott Robison-2
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM, jose isaias cabrera <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Stephen Chrzanowski" wrote...
>
>  *thinks back to IE1 and Netscape*....
>>
>> Its just starting??
>>

> True. (WebCrawler anyone?)

I'm pretty sure vi vs emacs was the first browser war. Or IBM vs MAC. Or
FORTRAN vs COBOL. One of those, anyway.

SDR

Re: Not SQLite related, but, SQLite Mailing List related

Simon Slavin-3

On 13 Aug 2014, at 3:22am, Scott Robison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure vi vs emacs was the first browser war. Or IBM vs MAC. Or
> FORTRAN vs COBOL. One of those, anyway.

EBCDIC vs. SIXBIT.