PRAGMA user_version

Walter-95
Hi All

Is there any way to get the user_version from an Attached database

PRAGMA user_version only get it from the Opened database.

If not perhaps a request for it.

Thank you

Walter

Re: PRAGMA user_version

Igor Tandetnik
On 9/2/2011 11:02 PM, Walter wrote:
> Is there any way to get the user_version from an Attached database

PRAGMA attachedName.user_version;

--
Igor Tandetnik

Re: PRAGMA user_version

Walter-95

On 9/2/2011 11:02 PM, Walter wrote:

> >  Is there any way to get the user_version from an Attached database

PRAGMA attachedName.user_version;

-- Igor Tandetnik Thank you Igor I had the database name but did not
think of the the dot in between. Perhaps some one could update the
documentation to show this Cheers everyone Walter

Re: PRAGMA user_version

Puneet Kishor-2

On Sep 3, 2011, at 8:21 PM, Walter wrote:

> On 9/2/2011 11:02 PM, Walter wrote:
>
>> >  Is there any way to get the user_version from an Attached database
>>
> PRAGMA attachedName.user_version;
>
> -- Igor Tandetnik Thank you Igor I had the database name but did not think of the the dot in between. Perhaps some one could update the documentation to show this Cheers everyone Walter

it is a pretty common SQL convention, using periods to separate the database_from.schema_from.table_from.column

You don't have to specify the left-side qualifier if the entity on the right of the period can be located unambiguously.

Re: PRAGMA user_version

Jay Kreibich

On Sep 3, 2011, at 8:21 PM, Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Igor I had the database name but did not think of the the dot in between. Perhaps some one could update the documentation to show this Cheers everyone Walter

Please see "PRAGMA Command Syntax"   http://sqlite.org/pragma.html

  -j

Re: PRAGMA user_version

Igor Tandetnik
Walter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you Igor I had the database name but did not
> think of the the dot in between. Perhaps some one could update the
> documentation to show this

Perhaps someone could read the documentation before complaining about it.

http://sqlite.org/pragma.html
"A pragma may have an optional database name before the pragma name. The database name is the name of an ATTACH-ed database or it can be "main" or "temp" for the main and the TEMP databases. If the optional database name is omitted, "main" is assumed."

--
Igor Tandetnik