Parsing the contents of a field

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
32 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parsing the contents of a field

audio muze
I have a table of roughly 500k records with a number of fields
containing delimited text that needs to be parsed and written to
separate tables as a master lists.  In order to do this I need to
parse the field contents, however, I don't see any functions within
SQLite to enable that.  The number of delimited entries embedded in a
field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Edward Lau
Hi:


Not sure what is the cost to first export the fields a flat file?  Try https://github.com/elau1004/TFR4SQLite/wiki (may or may not fit your needs).

It was intended to query flatfile with crazy delimiters, using SQLite query engine.  If you can SELECT from a text file then you can insert the result into another table.

Regards.


-----Original Message-----
From: audio muze <[hidden email]>
To: sqlite-users <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tue, Jan 12, 2016 9:42 pm
Subject: [sqlite] Parsing the contents of a field

I have a table of roughly 500k records with a number of fields
containing delimited text that needs to be parsed and written to
separate tables as a master lists.  In order to do this I need to
parse the field contents, however, I don't see any functions within
SQLite to enable that.  The number of delimited entries embedded in a
field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Simon Slavin-3
In reply to this post by audio muze

On 13 Jan 2016, at 5:42am, audio muze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The number of delimited entries embedded in a
> field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
> compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?

What do you mean by "parse" ?  Just to separate a string into its delimited substrings ?  Since SQLite has no array or list variable-type there's no way to do that because there's no way to return the result.  Can you not just return the value retrieved from the table and parse it in your software ?

You can add your own functions to SQLite, so you could write your own parse function and do something like

SELECT parse(myColumn) FROM myTable

However this is quite complicated and not recommended for the beginner.

Simon.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Bart Smissaert
In reply to this post by audio muze
It probably can be done with just SQLite's built-in text functions such as
instr and substr,
although with 20 to 30 items it may get a bit messy and complex.

RBS

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:42 AM, audio muze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a table of roughly 500k records with a number of fields
> containing delimited text that needs to be parsed and written to
> separate tables as a master lists.  In order to do this I need to
> parse the field contents, however, I don't see any functions within
> SQLite to enable that.  The number of delimited entries embedded in a
> field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
> compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Jim Morris
Might be doable with a recursive CTE

On 1/13/2016 1:22 AM, Bart Smissaert wrote:

> It probably can be done with just SQLite's built-in text functions such as
> instr and substr,
> although with 20 to 30 items it may get a bit messy and complex.
>
> RBS
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:42 AM, audio muze <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have a table of roughly 500k records with a number of fields
>> containing delimited text that needs to be parsed and written to
>> separate tables as a master lists.  In order to do this I need to
>> parse the field contents, however, I don't see any functions within
>> SQLite to enable that.  The number of delimited entries embedded in a
>> field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
>> compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?
>> _______________________________________________
>> sqlite-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>>
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Igor Korot
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Jim Morris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Might be doable with a recursive CTE
>
> On 1/13/2016 1:22 AM, Bart Smissaert wrote:
>>
>> It probably can be done with just SQLite's built-in text functions such as
>> instr and substr,
>> although with 20 to 30 items it may get a bit messy and complex.
>>
>> RBS
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:42 AM, audio muze <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a table of roughly 500k records with a number of fields
>>> containing delimited text that needs to be parsed and written to
>>> separate tables as a master lists.  In order to do this I need to
>>> parse the field contents, however, I don't see any functions within
>>> SQLite to enable that.  The number of delimited entries embedded in a
>>> field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
>>> compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?

You are way better off with a Perl script.

Thank you.

>>> _______________________________________________
>>> sqlite-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> sqlite-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Don V Nielsen
In reply to this post by audio muze
You will thank yourself by using a scripting language such Ruby, php, or
python.

Is there a reg ex library for sqlite that could be employed?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM, audio muze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a table of roughly 500k records with a number of fields
> containing delimited text that needs to be parsed and written to
> separate tables as a master lists.  In order to do this I need to
> parse the field contents, however, I don't see any functions within
> SQLite to enable that.  The number of delimited entries embedded in a
> field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
> compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Gabor Grothendieck
In reply to this post by audio muze
If it's OK to use the sqlite3 cmd line shell then try this:

-- create test input table X
create table X (what text);
insert into X values ('abc,def');

-- write X to a file
.output mydata.csv
select * from X;
.output stdout

-- read it back in to parse it
create table Y (a text, b text);
.mode csv
.import mydata.csv Y

-- check Y - add a limit clause if Y is large
select * from Y;


On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 12:42 AM, audio muze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a table of roughly 500k records with a number of fields
> containing delimited text that needs to be parsed and written to
> separate tables as a master lists.  In order to do this I need to
> parse the field contents, however, I don't see any functions within
> SQLite to enable that.  The number of delimited entries embedded in a
> field can vary from none to as man as 20/30.  Is there an addin I can
> compile with SQLite that provides the ability to parse a string?
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users



--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
tel: 1-877-GKX-GROUP
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

audio muze
In reply to this post by audio muze
> What do you mean by "parse" ?  Just to separate a string into its delimited substrings ?  Since SQLite has no array or list variable-type there's no way to do that because there's no way to return the result.  Can you not just return the value retrieved from the table and parse it in your software ?
>
> You can add your own functions to SQLite, so you could write your own parse function and do something like
>
> SELECT parse(myColumn) FROM myTable
>
> However this is quite complicated and not recommended for the beginner.

The fields in question have content as follows:
string1\\string2\\string3\\...\\stringx

I want to write every record's entries to a table with each element
being a separate record i.e.

string1
string2
string3
.
.
.
stringx


When done writing that table I'll use select distinct to obtain a
unique list of that attribute and it becomes my reference/ lookup
table.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Simon Slavin-3

On 16 Jan 2016, at 5:02am, audio muze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The fields in question have content as follows:
> string1\\string2\\string3\\...\\stringx
>
> I want to write every record's entries to a table with each element
> being a separate record i.e.

This would require a different number of INSERT commands depending on how many strings there are in the field.  It may be possible to do this in SQL but it would be complicated.

Do it in your programming language, not in SQL commands.

Simon.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

R Smith
In reply to this post by audio muze


On 2016/01/16 7:02 AM, audio muze wrote:

>> What do you mean by "parse" ?  Just to separate a string into its delimited substrings ?  Since SQLite has no array or list variable-type there's no way to do that because there's no way to return the result.  Can you not just return the value retrieved from the table and parse it in your software ?
>>
>> You can add your own functions to SQLite, so you could write your own parse function and do something like
>>
>> SELECT parse(myColumn) FROM myTable
>>
>> However this is quite complicated and not recommended for the beginner.
> The fields in question have content as follows:
> string1\\string2\\string3\\...\\stringx
>
> I want to write every record's entries to a table with each element
> being a separate record i.e.
>
> string1
> string2
> string3
> .
> .
> .
> stringx

There is of course no SQL function to do this, but thanks to CTE we can
achieve it easily (though not extremely efficiently).

I have posted some time ago here some CTE query to break CSV values in a
field up into their own items, I will post it now again from one of
SQLitespeed tutorial scripts, it's an easy adaption to use those slashes
(or whatever other separator character(s) you use).

I will leave the adaption to you since I am unsure if your post is just
an example or whether the actual separators are in fact slashes - but if
you have difficulty adapting it, please post again with more detail and
we will try to assist better.



--   Example Script for un-packing CSV values (or any delimited data).
--   [ Needs CTE: SQLite 3.4+ ]
--
--   Remove any auto-created Tables
--
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS tmpcsv;

--
--   Create & Populate the Table used in the examples
--
CREATE TABLE tmpcsv (
   ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
   colA TEXT,
   colCSV TEXT
);

--
--   Insert example CSV data
--
INSERT INTO tmpcsv (ID, colA, colCSV) VALUES
     (1, 'foo', '4,66,51,3009,2,678')
   , (2, 'bar', 'Sputnik,Discovery')
   , (3, 'baz', '101,I-95,104')
   , (4,'foz','Amsterdam, Beijing, London, Moscow, New York, Paris, Tokyo')
;

--   This CTE Query works only on the Table above, but will run in any
--   SQLite script engine.
--
--   You will need to modify the table (t) and Key (t.ColA) and column
--   containing the separated data (t.colCSV in this case).
--
--   You may modify the separation character (comma in this case) by
--   replacing all  ','  with either another quoted character (such
--   as '#', ';' or '|') or using the CHAR(UnicodeVal) function (for
--   example CHAR(09) for TAB or CHAR(32) for SPACE, etc.)
--
WITH csvrec(i, l, c, r) AS (
       SELECT t.colA, 1,
              t.colCSV||',', ''
         FROM tmpcsv AS t
        WHERE 1
     UNION ALL
       SELECT i,
              instr( c, ',' ) AS vLength,
              substr( c, instr( c, ',' ) + 1) AS vRemainder,
              trim( substr( c, 1, instr( c, ',' ) - 1) ) AS vCSV
         FROM csvrec
        WHERE vLength > 0
     )
   SELECT t.ID, t.colA, cr.r AS colCSV FROM tmpcsv AS t, csvrec AS cr
   WHERE t.colA = cr.i AND cr.r <> ''
   ORDER BY t.ID, t.colA
;

   --  ID   |    colA   |   colCSV
   -- ===   |   =====   |   ===========
   --  1    |    foo    |   2
   --  1    |    foo    |   3009
   --  1    |    foo    |   4
   --  1    |    foo    |   51
   --  1    |    foo    |   66
   --  1    |    foo    |   678
   --  2    |    bar    |   Discovery
   --  2    |    bar    |   Sputnik
   --  3    |    baz    |   101
   --  3    |    baz    |   104
   --  3    |    baz    |   I-95
   --  4    |    foz    |   Amsterdam
   --  4    |    foz    |   Beijing
   --  4    |    foz    |   London
   --  4    |    foz    |   Moscow
   --  4    |    foz    |   New York
   --  4    |    foz    |   Paris
   --  4    |    foz    |   Tokyo

--
--   Example Cleanup
--
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS tmpcsv;

   --   Script Stats: Total Script Execution Time:     0d 00h 00m and
00.037s
   --                 Total Script Query Time:         0d 00h 00m and
00.012s
   --                 Total Database Rows Changed:     4
   --                 Total Virtual-Machine Steps:     1196
   --                 Last executed Item Index:        5
   --                 Last Script Error:
   --
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   -- 2015-04-09 17:14:51.419  |  [Success]    Script Success.
   -- 2015-04-09 17:14:51.421  |  [Success]    Transaction Rolled back.
   -- -------  DB-Engine Logs (Contains logged information from all DB
connections during run)  ------
   -- [2015-04-09 17:14:51.369] APPLICATION : Script
D:\Documents\SQLiteScripts\csv_unpack.sql started at 17:14:51.369 on 09
April.
   -- [2015-04-09 17:14:51.415] ERROR (284) : automatic index on csvrec(i)
   --
================================================================================================





_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Simon Slavin-3

On 16 Jan 2016, at 2:31pm, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is of course no SQL function to do this, but thanks to CTE we can achieve it easily (though not extremely efficiently).

I thought that WITH could be used only for SELECT statements.

Oh wait, you want to use the WITH statement as a sub-select on an INSERT statement.  Does that work ?

Simon.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

R Smith


On 2016/01/16 4:53 PM, Simon Slavin wrote:
> On 16 Jan 2016, at 2:31pm, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There is of course no SQL function to do this, but thanks to CTE we can achieve it easily (though not extremely efficiently).
> I thought that WITH could be used only for SELECT statements.
>
> Oh wait, you want to use the WITH statement as a sub-select on an INSERT statement.  Does that work ?

The example I posted simply SELECTs the values, but it can as easily be
piped to a table via an INSERT statement or such. The OP said indeed he
wants to push the values to a table and from there read it. This can
even be an in-memory table or simply another CTE table.

As to your question - WITH can be used in any place where a table-select
can,  with some restrictions (though my example requires nothing fancy
in this regard).

I quote from the documentation at: https://www.sqlite.org/lang_with.html

"All common table expressions (ordinary and recursive) are created by
prepending a WITH clause in front of a SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, or UPDATE
statement. A single WITH clause can specify one or more common table
expressions...."

That is to say, it is perfectly legal to do something like this:

WITH C(Idx) AS (
SELECT 1 UNION ALL SELECT Idx+1 FROM C OFFSET 5 LIMIT 3
) DELETE FROM Contacts WHERE EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM C WHERE
C.Idx=Contacts.ID);

Which will delete contacts from the "Contacts" table with ID's 6, 7 and 8.

Or perhaps:

WITH NewPeeps(title, name, surname, tel, email) AS (
     SELECT 'James', 'Jones', '555-123-7689' UNION ALL
     SELECT 'Jason', 'Johnson', '555-124-7689' UNION ALL
     SELECT 'Jeffrey', 'Jenner', '555-125-7689'
) INSERT INTO Contacts (Name, Surname, Title, Tel, Mail) SELECT name,
surname, 'Mr.', tel, name||'@jworld.org' FROM NewPeeps;

Which will insert the contacts into the Contacts table. Etc.

Even in explicit sub-selects it works perfectly well, for example this
query:

SELECT * FROM (
   WITH C(Idx) AS (SELECT (10+1) UNION ALL SELECT Idx+2 FROM C WHERE
Idx<(20-1)) SELECT * FROM C
)

Which will produce all odd numbers between 10 and 20.

And then this Query will list all contacts with ID's that are the odd
numbers between 10 and 20:

SELECT *
   FROM Contacts, (
     WITH C(Idx) AS (SELECT (10+1) UNION ALL SELECT Idx+2 FROM C WHERE
Idx<(20-1)) SELECT * FROM C
   ) AS S
WHERE IndexC=S.Idx


Or in a correlated sub-query:

SELECT (
     WITH C(Idx, SqrIdx) AS (
       SELECT 1,1 UNION ALL SELECT Idx+1, (Idx*Idx) FROM C WHERE Idx<1000
     ) SELECT SqrIdx FROM C WHERE C.Idx=Contacts.ID LIMIT 1
   ) AS SQR, Contacts.*
   FROM Contacts

which shows the square of contact ID's next to the rest of their data.


These examples are of course extremely simple, but they show  the
principles.

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Parsing the contents of a field

Simon Slavin-3

On 17 Jan 2016, at 12:27am, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I quote from the documentation at: https://www.sqlite.org/lang_with.html
>
> "All common table expressions (ordinary and recursive) are created by prepending a WITH clause in front of a SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, or UPDATE statement. A single WITH clause can specify one or more common table expressions...."

Ah, I missed that.  I thought it was just SELECT.  Thanks.

Simon.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SQLite3 with support for _Decimal64 on github

Domingo Alvarez Duarte-2
Hello !  

I finally got time to publish my changes to sqlite3 to allow the use of
_Decimal64/double/int64 as floating point unit by defining
SQLITE_USE_DECIMAL, almost all tests pass with exception of direct binary
manipulation of doubles (_Decimal64 have different binary representation) and
"with1-8.1-mandelbrot" which is 3 characters short.  

It's availlable here https://github.com/mingodad/sqlite/tree/decimal64 .  

Any feedback is welcome !  

Cheers !

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fossil sqlite clone problem

Domingo Alvarez Duarte-2
In reply to this post by R Smith
Hello !  

I frequently follow the updates of fossil and sqlite but I noticed that my
sqlite clone stop updating the source tree at this commit :  

fossil status
repository:   ..../sqlite3/../sqlite.fossil
local-root:   ..../sqlite3/
config-db:   ..../.fossil
checkout:     ec653cbcae74ecab4ec9df0548d5836e81dc5d14 2016-01-30
14:53:06 UTC
parent:       96b780209cc95c3f3769bb880591380d94bfe38d 2016-01-30
14:17:10 UTC
tags:         clear-subtype-fail
comment:      Take care to clear the subtype on VDBE registers when the
value
              of the register is overwritten with new content.
(user: drh)  

I usually use this scripts to update my cloned respositories:  

./do-update-fossil.sh  

fossil update
make
strip fossil
cp fossil $HOME/bin  

./do-update-sqlite.sh  

fossil update
make
strip sqlite3
cp sqlite3 $HOME/bin  

   

Someone can give any help on this isssue ?  

Cheers !  

   

 

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fossil sqlite clone problem

Stephan Beal-3
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I frequently follow the updates of fossil and sqlite but I noticed that my
> sqlite clone stop updating the source tree at this commit :
>

Can you try doing this one from the sqlite tree:

fossil pull --verily

in the past that's helped people reporting problems about a repo silently
failing to pull past a certain version.


--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/
http://gplus.to/sgbeal
"Freedom is sloppy. But since tyranny's the only guaranteed byproduct of
those who insist on a perfect world, freedom will have to do." -- Bigby Wolf
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fossil sqlite clone problem

Stephan Beal-3
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> fossil pull --verily
>
> in the past that's helped people reporting problems about a repo silently
> failing to pull past a certain version.
>

OTOH, if that tag is checked out, which your output indicates is the case,
then 'update' will apply no changes because that's the last commit in that
branch. You'll need to 'fossil update trunk' once to get back to the trunk.


https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?c=2016-01-30+14:53:06

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/
http://gplus.to/sgbeal
"Freedom is sloppy. But since tyranny's the only guaranteed byproduct of
those who insist on a perfect world, freedom will have to do." -- Bigby Wolf
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fossil sqlite clone problem

Richard Hipp-3
On 2/9/16, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> fossil pull --verily
>>
>> in the past that's helped people reporting problems about a repo silently
>> failing to pull past a certain version.
>>
>
> OTOH, if that tag is checked out, which your output indicates is the case,
> then 'update' will apply no changes because that's the last commit in that
> branch. You'll need to 'fossil update trunk' once to get back to the trunk.
>

Stephan has this right:  You are stuck on a branch.  You should always
do "fossil update trunk" to get to the latest, and avoid getting
side-tracked onto a dead-end branch.

--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fossil sqlite clone problem

Domingo Alvarez Duarte-2
In reply to this post by Stephan Beal-3
Can you try doing this one from the sqlite tree:  
>  
> fossil pull --verily
>
> in the past that's helped people reporting problems about a repo silently
> failing to pull past a certain version.
>
>  

 

   

fossil pull --verilyPull from http://www.sqlite.org/src
Round-trips: 2   Artifacts sent: 0  received: 28
Pull done, sent: 1090  received: 1579893  ip: 67.18.92.124  

After the above I also executed the command bellow and the respository still
not update.  

fossil update
Autosync:  http://wwwsqlite.org/src
Round-trips: 1   Artifacts sent: 0  received: 0
Pull done, sent: 285  received: 2206  ip: 67.18.92.124
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
checkout:     ec653cbcae74ecab4ec9df0548d5836e81dc5d14 2016-01-30
14:53:06 UTC
tags:         clear-subtype-fail
comment:      Take care to clear the subtype on VDBE registers when the
value
              of the register is overwritten with new content.
(user: drh)
changes:      None. Already up-to-date  

Cheers !  

 

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
12