Pre-compiled SQL using the commandline interface

Pre-compiled SQL using the commandline interface

Alan McGovern
Hi,

I can't seem to find information about creating precompiled statements when using the commandline program to access the sqlite database. What i'm doing at the moment is using a C# program to generate text files of insert statements up to 100megs in size and then using .read to import them. Each insert statement is identical except for the values that are being imported, so in this scenario if i could use precompiled SQL, it would result in quite a benefit, but i can't seem to be able to do this.

Thanks,
Alan.

RE: Pre-compiled SQL using the commandline interface

Robert Simpson
If you're going to all the trouble to write a program in C#, why not just
use the ADO.NET data provider for SQLite and insert into the databsae
yourself?

Seems rather silly to generate an insert statement and not actually execute
it in your code.  The command-line interface to sqlite isn't designed for
prepared statements and parameterized queries.

If you're using VS2003/.NET 1.1, use the Finisar ADO.NET library at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodotnetsqlite

If you're using VS2005/.NET 2.0, use my ADO.NET provider at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlite-dotnet2

Robert

Thanks for the response. I was pretty sure it wasn't possible to pregenerate when using the commandline interface, but i couldn't find anything to confirm either way.

I tried using two wrappers before (can't remember which ones now) but one of them only supported SQLite 2.x, and the second one refused to work for me for some reason. I'll give this one a shot and see how it goes. I assume its fully compatible with the latest SQLite even though it was last updated 6 months ago. If there is anything the wrapper doesn't handle correctly that i need to know about, let me know.

Thanks again,
Alan.