Problem building DLL on Windows - no exported symbols

Problem building DLL on Windows - no exported symbols

Reynolds, Scott
I'm trying to build SQLite (sqlite-autoconf-3290000.tar.gz) for Windows x64 using Visual Studio 2017.  All items are building, but my test application is unable to resolve any SQLite symbols.  This would seem to be the result of sqlite3.def being essentially empty (a single EXPORTS line).  Here's the process I'm following:

  1.  Log into my Windows 10 machine
  2.  Start the "x64 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2017"
  3.  Change directory to ...\sqlite-autoconf-3290000 which contains the SQLite source code
  4.  Execute "nmake /f Makefile.msc dll PLATFORM=x64

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Re: Problem building DLL on Windows - no exported symbols

Jose Isaias Cabrera-4

Reynolds, Scott, on Friday, August 23, 2019 08:05 AM, wrote...

> I'm trying to build SQLite (sqlite-autoconf-3290000.tar.gz) for Windows x64 using Visual Studio 2017.  All items are building, but my test application is unable to resolve any SQLite symbols.  This would seem to be the result of sqlite3.def being essentially empty (a single EXPORTS line).  Here's the process I'm following:
>

>   1.  Log into my Windows 10 machine
>   2.  Start the "x64 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2017"
>   3.  Change directory to ...\sqlite-autoconf-3290000 which contains the SQLite source code
>   4.  Execute "nmake /f Makefile.msc dll PLATFORM=x64
>
> Any ideas?

Here [1] is what my first duckduckgo search gave me.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/9e4d0378-437b-4122-a2a0-9e5da7e886fc/sqlite-and-mfc-and-visual-studion-2017

I use cygwin to make my builds.  So, can't help you there.  I am sure others can, but they are probably busy.  Otherwise, they would have already answered. Thanks.

josé

[1] https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/9e4d0378-437b-4122-a2a0-9e5da7e886fc/sqlite-and-mfc-and-visual-studion-2017

On Friday, 23 August, 2019 06:06, Reynolds, Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I'm trying to build SQLite (sqlite-autoconf-3290000.tar.gz) for
>Windows x64 using Visual Studio 2017.  All items are building, but my
>test application is unable to resolve any SQLite symbols.  This would
>seem to be the result of sqlite3.def being essentially empty (a
>single EXPORTS line).  Here's the process I'm following:

>  1.  Log into my Windows 10 machine
>  2.  Start the "x64 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2017"
>  3.  Change directory to ...\sqlite-autoconf-3290000 which contains
>the SQLite source code
>  4.  Execute "nmake /f Makefile.msc dll PLATFORM=x64

>Any ideas?

# <<block2>>
sqlite3.def:    libsqlite3.lib
    echo EXPORTS > sqlite3.def
    dumpbin /all libsqlite3.lib \
        | $(TCLSH_CMD) $(TOP)\tool\replace.tcl include "^\s+1 _?(sqlite3(?:session|changeset|changegroup|rebaser)?_[^@]*)(?:@\d+)?$$" \1 \
        | sort >> sqlite3.def
# <</block2>>

Is how the sqlite3.def file is built.  So for this to work properly you need to have the following commands available in the path:  dumpbin, tclsh, sort

Sounds like you have one of those requirements missing!