Problem in Sqlite installation in Irix

Prettina Louis
hello sir,

I am trying to install Sqlite-3.2.7 in Irix 6.5 version OS.

As mentioned in the README file, I gave the following command:

mkdir bld
cd bld
../sqlite-3.2.7/./configure --with-sqlite3

after this command got executed I could see four files in the bld dir.

Makefile, config.status, sonfig.log, libtools and sqlite3.pc

But when I gave the 'make' command, I encountered the following error:

make: file `Makefile' line 35: must be a separator (. or :) for rules (bu39)
make: file `Makefile' line 35: Syntax error

          "praise the lord!"

With regards and prayers,
prettina

Ms. Prettina Anto Louis
Junior Research Fellow
C/O Dr. Z.A. Rafi.,(Reader)
Bioinformatics Centre
School of Biotechnology
Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai-625021
Cell : 9842258238
email: [hidden email]

Re: Problem in Sqlite installation in Irix

John Stanton-3
It looks as if you need to download the GNU make and compile it for
Irix.  Try installing it as "gmake" and then execute gmake instead of make.
JS