Problem on Windows 10 machines

Bart Smissaert
Have a std_call compiled dll (sqlite3 3.20.1) that works perfectly fine on
a Win 7 machine.
On 2 different Win 10 machines I get a crash though when using the dll.
This happens already when I run sqlite3_initialize. When I omit that step
it will crash on the next first call to the dll, which is sqlite3_open_v2.
I use this dll from VB6.

I compile in MSVS 2013 and have compiled on the Win 10 machine as well, all
with no problems.

These are the settings I have in MSVS:

All Options:
--------------------
/GS /TC /analyze- /W3 /Zc:wchar_t /Zi /Gm- /O2 /Fd"Release\vc120.pdb"
/fp:precise /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_USRDLL" /D
"SQLITE3_STDCALL_EXPORTS" /D "SQLITE_ENABLE_JSON1" /D
"SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA" /D "SQLITE_INTROSPECTION_PRAGMAS" /D
"_WINDLL"
/errorReport:prompt /WX- /Zc:forScope /Gz /Oy- /MD /Fa"Release\" /EHsc
/nologo /Fo"Release\" /Fp"Release\SQLite3_StdCall.pch"

Additional Options:
--------------------
sqlite3.c /Gz -DSQLITE_API=__declspec(dllexport) -O2
-DSQLITE_OMIT_DEPRECATED -DSQLITE_OMIT_SHARED_CACHE -DSQLITE_SYSTEM_MALLOC -
DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS
-DSQLITE_ENABLE_DBSTAT_VTAB -DSQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4 -link -dll
-out:SQLite3_StdCall.dll

Preprocessor:
--------------------
WIN32
NDEBUG
_WINDOWS
_USRDLL
SQLITE3_STDCALL_EXPORTS
SQLITE_ENABLE_JSON1
SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA
SQLITE_INTROSPECTION_PRAGMAS

As said, this works all perfectly fine on the Win7 machine.
I looked into the WIN32 setting but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
Could there somehow be a missing dependency on the Win10 machines?
Could the problem be that SQLite is installed by MS already on those
machines?

Any idea what could be the problem here?

RBS

Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

Bart Smissaert

Re: Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

Simon Slavin-3

On 6 Sep 2017, at 8:15pm, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2 different Win 10 machines I get a crash though when using the dll.

What crash ?  What error ?  Is it the same one every time ?

Re: Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

Bart Smissaert
When my wrapper makes the call to the Sqlite dll my app crashes, so I have
no further information about what the problem is. Same happens every time.
Note that the exact same dll is all fine on my Win 7 machine.

RBS

On 6 Sep 2017, at 10:03pm, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When my wrapper makes the call to the Sqlite dll my app crashes

With what error ?  Segmentation fault ?  Privilege violation ?  I don’t think I’ve seen any crash which doesn’t produce an error report of some kind, even if we know that there’s no reason for that error at that point.

Re: Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

Bart Smissaert
Well, on one machine I get a crash with no feedback at all. On the other
Win 10 machine I get a massage, but these messages are meaningless,
pointing to procedures that are not involved at all.

RBS

On 6 Sep 2017 22:06, "Simon Slavin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2017, at 10:03pm, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > When my wrapper makes the call to the Sqlite dll my app crashes
>
> With what error ?  Segmentation fault ?  Privilege violation ?  I don’t
> think I’ve seen any crash which doesn’t produce an error report of some
> kind, even if we know that there’s no reason for that error at that point.
>
> Simon.

Re: Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon" (about 5 inches square) and "something went wrong, sorry about your luck".

Yes, not very helpful. The message is from my VB6 wrapper as is like this:

Method ProcedureX of object _ClassX failed

ClassX is the class in the wrapper ActiveX dll that also has the procedure
that makes the call to SQLite that causes the problem, in this
case sqlite3_initialize.
ProcedureX is another procedure in that same class, but that procedure has
nil to do with the problem.
I can take that ProcedureX out and that I will get another procedure
mentioned in the error message that is again completely unrelated to the
problem.

So the whole thing is just completely puzzling and I am seriously stuck
with this.

RBS

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon" (about 5 inches square) and
> "something went wrong, sorry about your luck".
>

> ---

Chris Locke-3
I'd suggest running the Microsoft Process Monitor
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

When your application crashes, this will show the files it tried to access
before the crash.  It might point to a dependancy missing.
Have you 'installed' SQLite on your Win 10 machines?  I use
system.data.sqlite.dll in my applications, and that requires msvcr120.dll.
Without that, I get a weird 'SQLite.Interop.dll module could not be found'
error ... which makes sense, but its not strictly accurate ... its there,
it just can't be loaded.  SQLite requires a couple of extra files to run
properly.  They may not be installed on the Win 10 box.

Ideally, you need a proper stack trace and error log from your application.

> In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon"

Thats for a full-on Windows 'blue screen', not an application crash.  I
assume this isn't causing a blue-screen, but is just failing.

> Could the problem be that SQLite is installed by MS already on those
machines?

SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by
Microsoft.

Thanks,
Chris

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Yes, not very helpful. The message is from my VB6 wrapper as is like this:
>
> Method ProcedureX of object _ClassX failed
>
> ClassX is the class in the wrapper ActiveX dll that also has the procedure
> that makes the call to SQLite that causes the problem, in this
> case sqlite3_initialize.
> ProcedureX is another procedure in that same class, but that procedure has
> nil to do with the problem.
> I can take that ProcedureX out and that I will get another procedure
> mentioned in the error message that is again completely unrelated to the
> problem.
>
> So the whole thing is just completely puzzling and I am seriously stuck
> with this.
>

> RBS
>

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon" (about 5 inches square)
> and
> > "something went wrong, sorry about your luck".
> >

> > ---
> > The fact that there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven
> says
> > a lot about anticipated traffic volume.

Thanks, will try that.

> Have you 'installed' SQLite on your Win 10 machines?

There is no SQLite installation as I use my own VB6 wrapper (ActiveX dll).

> SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by
Microsoft.

I thought this was standard now on Win10. Not that I think it is relevant
with my problem.

RBS

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Chris Locke <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'd suggest running the Microsoft Process Monitor
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
>
> When your application crashes, this will show the files it tried to access
> before the crash.  It might point to a dependancy missing.
> Have you 'installed' SQLite on your Win 10 machines?  I use
> system.data.sqlite.dll in my applications, and that requires msvcr120.dll.
> Without that, I get a weird 'SQLite.Interop.dll module could not be found'
> error ... which makes sense, but its not strictly accurate ... its there,
> it just can't be loaded.  SQLite requires a couple of extra files to run
> properly.  They may not be installed on the Win 10 box.
>
> Ideally, you need a proper stack trace and error log from your application.
>
> > In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon"
>
> Thats for a full-on Windows 'blue screen', not an application crash.  I
> assume this isn't causing a blue-screen, but is just failing.
>
> > Could the problem be that SQLite is installed by MS already on those
> machines?
>
> SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by
> Microsoft.
>

> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes, not very helpful. The message is from my VB6 wrapper as is like
> this:
> >
> > Method ProcedureX of object _ClassX failed
> >
> > ClassX is the class in the wrapper ActiveX dll that also has the
> procedure
> > that makes the call to SQLite that causes the problem, in this
> > case sqlite3_initialize.
> > ProcedureX is another procedure in that same class, but that procedure
> has
> > nil to do with the problem.
> > I can take that ProcedureX out and that I will get another procedure
> > mentioned in the error message that is again completely unrelated to the
> > problem.
> >
> > So the whole thing is just completely puzzling and I am seriously stuck
> > with this.
> >

> > RBS
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >

> > > In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon" (about 5 inches square)
> > and
> > > "something went wrong, sorry about your luck".
> > >

> > > ---
> > > The fact that there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven
> > says
> > > a lot about anticipated traffic volume.

Process Monitor got me a bit further as it showed there was a call to
WerFault.exe and this is the log of that:

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=131492511990301638
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=131492511998961952
ReportStatus=268439552
ReportIdentifier=9b4019d8-ff2c-48dc-b8e2-89b3d1065e90
IntegratorReportIdentifier=08a25108-492e-4c35-9572-7c0afa0cda3a
Wow64Host=34404
Wow64Guest=332
NsAppName=COM32on64.exe
AppSessionGuid=000025fc-0003-0005-9115-7a33be27d301
TargetAppId=W:0006bf68cd3578efc2486facd1ee9646dcbe00000904!0000fca1aabcca076defa0f16adc639b6998469c2bb9!COM32on64.exe
TargetAppVer=2016//03//21:07:47:40!e334!COM32on64.exe
BootId=4294967295
ServiceSplit=3539031
TargetAsId=4701
Response.BucketId=91b0f4268c35a99eecbd35c544a753e4
Response.BucketTable=1
Response.LegacyBucketId=109122632689
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=COM32on64.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=1.0.0.0
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=56efa71c
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=StackHash_b1df
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=0.0.0.0
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=00000000
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=PCH_DF_FROM_ntdll+0x000722CC
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=2057
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=b1df
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=b1df29542701a59c258e9db4cb35a612
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=ff08
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=ff08f5c1ef225ee708cc4b7d43225760
UI[2]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\COM32on64.exe
LoadedModule[0]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\COM32on64.exe
LoadedModule[1]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
LoadedModule[3]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\MSVBVM60.DLL
LoadedModule[5]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
LoadedModule[6]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\win32u.dll
LoadedModule[7]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\gdi32full.dll
LoadedModule[9]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcp_win.dll
LoadedModule[10]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
LoadedModule[11]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[12]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[13]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\sechost.dll
LoadedModule[14]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[15]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\SspiCli.dll
LoadedModule[16]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\CRYPTBASE.dll
LoadedModule[17]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[18]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\ole32.dll
LoadedModule[19]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
LoadedModule[20]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[21]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[22]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\kernel.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[23]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[24]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SXS.DLL
LoadedModule[25]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSCTF.dll
LoadedModule[26]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\clbcatq.dll
LoadedModule[27]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\XL_SQL.dll
LoadedModule[28]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\DirectCom.DLL
LoadedModule[29]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\CustomMsgBox.dll
LoadedModule[30]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\vbRichClient5.dll
LoadedModule[31]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.DLL
LoadedModule[32]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfgmgr32.dll
LoadedModule[33]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\shcore.dll
LoadedModule[34]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.storage.dll
LoadedModule[35]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\shlwapi.dll
LoadedModule[36]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\URLMON.DLL
LoadedModule[37]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\powrprof.dll
LoadedModule[38]=C:\WINDOWS\System32\profapi.dll
LoadedModule[39]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\iertutil.dll
LoadedModule[40]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\VB_CAIRO_SQLITE.DLL
LoadedModule[41]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DDRAW.DLL
LoadedModule[42]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OLEPRO32.DLL
LoadedModule[43]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DCIMAN32.dll
LoadedModule[44]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll
LoadedModule[45]=C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.15063.413_none_55bc94a37c2a2854\comctl32.dll
LoadedModule[46]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atl.DLL
LoadedModule[47]=C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.15063.483_none_9e9856e456d5e776\gdiplus.DLL
LoadedModule[48]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmm.dll
LoadedModule[49]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmmbase.dll
LoadedModule[50]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\SQLite3_StdCall.dll
LoadedModule[51]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll
State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1
State[0].Value=1
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working
ConsentKey=APPCRASH
AppName=COM32on64
AppPath=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\Bin\COM32on64.exe
NsPartner=windows
NsGroup=windows8
ApplicationIdentity=25991C42874038C9686260EA4D8761D8
MetadataHash=-1228563750

COM32on64.exe is VB6 ActiveX exe that loads my VB6 dll. This is needed as
this dll is called from 64 bits Excel and that can't access that 32 bit VB6
dll the
normal way. This loading of the VB6 dll via COM32on64.exe is not the
problem as the dll works all fine, until it makes a call to SQLite.

Not sure this dump of WerFault.exe helps me much as all I got is Stopped
working and APPCRASH.
At least it shows all the dependencies that are involved.
MSVCR120.dll is present and version is 12.0.40660.0.

wrote:

> I'd suggest running the Microsoft Process Monitor
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
>
> When your application crashes, this will show the files it tried to access
> before the crash.  It might point to a dependancy missing.
> Have you 'installed' SQLite on your Win 10 machines?  I use
> system.data.sqlite.dll in my applications, and that requires msvcr120.dll.
> Without that, I get a weird 'SQLite.Interop.dll module could not be found'
> error ... which makes sense, but its not strictly accurate ... its there,
> it just can't be loaded.  SQLite requires a couple of extra files to run
> properly.  They may not be installed on the Win 10 box.
>
> Ideally, you need a proper stack trace and error log from your application.
>
> > In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon"
>
> Thats for a full-on Windows 'blue screen', not an application crash.  I
> assume this isn't causing a blue-screen, but is just failing.
>
> > Could the problem be that SQLite is installed by MS already on those
> machines?
>
> SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by
> Microsoft.
>

> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes, not very helpful. The message is from my VB6 wrapper as is like
> this:
> >
> > Method ProcedureX of object _ClassX failed
> >
> > ClassX is the class in the wrapper ActiveX dll that also has the
> procedure
> > that makes the call to SQLite that causes the problem, in this
> > case sqlite3_initialize.
> > ProcedureX is another procedure in that same class, but that procedure
> has
> > nil to do with the problem.
> > I can take that ProcedureX out and that I will get another procedure
> > mentioned in the error message that is again completely unrelated to the
> > problem.
> >
> > So the whole thing is just completely puzzling and I am seriously stuck
> > with this.
> >

> > RBS
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >

> > > In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon" (about 5 inches square)
> > and
> > > "something went wrong, sorry about your luck".
> > >

> > > ---
> > > The fact that there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven
> > says
> > > a lot about anticipated traffic volume.

Noticed in the crash dump:

LoadedModule[4]=C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\
AddIns\Bin\MSVBVM60.DLL

This system dll shouldn't be in that folder and I deleted it, but didn't
solve any problem.

RBS

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, not very helpful. The message is from my VB6 wrapper as is like
>> this:
>> >
>> > Method ProcedureX of object _ClassX failed
>> >
>> > ClassX is the class in the wrapper ActiveX dll that also has the
>> procedure
>> > that makes the call to SQLite that causes the problem, in this
>> > case sqlite3_initialize.
>> > ProcedureX is another procedure in that same class, but that procedure
>> has
>> > nil to do with the problem.
>> > I can take that ProcedureX out and that I will get another procedure
>> > mentioned in the error message that is again completely unrelated to the
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > So the whole thing is just completely puzzling and I am seriously stuck

R Smith

On 2017/09/07 11:09 AM, Bart Smissaert wrote:

>> SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by
> Microsoft.
>
> I thought this was standard now on Win10. Not that I think it is relevant
> with my problem.

SQLite is actually found on Windows installations, but only in support
to it's own uses, such as for Skype.

There is no clean Windows installation I know of where you could open a
command prompt and type "sqlite3.exe" where anything would execute, nor
find an sqlite3.dll as a standard in the Win32 library folders (unless
some other installed app put it there). To be fair, I only use Win10
64bit Prof - maybe it is included now on others?

By the way, I am not sure exactly what programming platform or IDE you
are using, but that must be the worst debugger in the World. Stacktraces
and steppers should be able to take you to the exact errors in even the
most simple programming environments these days, unless it itself is the
thing that broke (which is quite possible!). Any chance you use multiple
programming environments and can test the same function in another one,
but on the same computer and OS?

Re: Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

Bart Smissaert
> By the way, I am not sure exactly what programming platform or IDE you
are using

On the machine where I have this problem I use Win 10. On the main dev
machine I have Win 7. I am coding in the old VB6 (Classic VB).
The only other environment I could think of to test would be VBA, but that
is very similar to VB6. In fact the VB6 ActiveX dll is called from VBA
(Excel).

RBS

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:24 PM, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017/09/07 11:09 AM, Bart Smissaert wrote:
>

>> SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by
>>>
>> Microsoft.
>>
>> I thought this was standard now on Win10. Not that I think it is relevant
>> with my problem.
>>

> SQLite is actually found on Windows installations, but only in support to
> it's own uses, such as for Skype.
>
> There is no clean Windows installation I know of where you could open a
> command prompt and type "sqlite3.exe" where anything would execute, nor
> find an sqlite3.dll as a standard in the Win32 library folders (unless some
> other installed app put it there). To be fair, I only use Win10 64bit Prof
> - maybe it is included now on others?
>
> By the way, I am not sure exactly what programming platform or IDE you are
> using, but that must be the worst debugger in the World. Stacktraces and
> steppers should be able to take you to the exact errors in even the most
> simple programming environments these days, unless it itself is the thing
> that broke (which is quite possible!). Any chance you use multiple
> programming environments and can test the same function in another one, but
> on the same computer and OS?

Re: Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

>I thought this was standard now on Win10. Not that I think it is
>relevant with my problem.

It is.  There is a syscall compiled version in System32 (64-bit) and a 32-bit version in SysWOW64.

named winsqlite3.dll

The App Store and the (modern app) Installer processes use sqlite3 databases to track dependencies, installations and so forth.  It is actually kina nice because when Windows gets itself in a tizzy you can open the databases with the command-line tool and "fix" (that is, remove) the broken entries, clean up the filesystem, and everything (modern app wise) will work again.  Especially helpful since the regular windows upgrade/install and the roll-back to previous version does not know how to "fix" updated versions of modern apps properly and if you can end up with a completely borked phone susbsystem on the computer which cannot even run the settings applet crap properly until you fix the database and let it re-install the apps.  Much better than the proprietary undocumented "no user serviceable parts inside" so typical of Microsoft.

Of course, the actual Store and the couple of services that use the database were written by a moron and excess data is cached that ought not be, so you have to cycle a bunch of services (or reboot) before it "notices" that the database was changed.

>On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Chris Locke
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest running the Microsoft Process Monitor
>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
>>
>> When your application crashes, this will show the files it tried to
>access
>> before the crash.  It might point to a dependancy missing.
>> Have you 'installed' SQLite on your Win 10 machines?  I use
>> system.data.sqlite.dll in my applications, and that requires
>msvcr120.dll.
>> Without that, I get a weird 'SQLite.Interop.dll module could not be
>found'
>> error ... which makes sense, but its not strictly accurate ... its
>there,
>> it just can't be loaded.  SQLite requires a couple of extra files
>to run
>> properly.  They may not be installed on the Win 10 box.
>>
>> Ideally, you need a proper stack trace and error log from your
>application.
>>
>> > In Windows you get a frowny face "modern icon"
>>
>> Thats for a full-on Windows 'blue screen', not an application
>crash.  I
>> assume this isn't causing a blue-screen, but is just failing.
>>
>> > Could the problem be that SQLite is installed by MS already on
>those
>> machines?
>>
>> SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by
>> Microsoft.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Bart Smissaert
><[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, not very helpful. The message is from my VB6 wrapper as is
>like
>> this:
>> >
>> > Method ProcedureX of object _ClassX failed
>> >
>> > ClassX is the class in the wrapper ActiveX dll that also has the
>> procedure
>> > that makes the call to SQLite that causes the problem, in this
>> > case sqlite3_initialize.
>> > ProcedureX is another procedure in that same class, but that
>procedure
>> has
>> > nil to do with the problem.
>> > I can take that ProcedureX out and that I will get another
>procedure
>> > mentioned in the error message that is again completely unrelated
>to the
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > So the whole thing is just completely puzzling and I am seriously
>stuck
>> > with this.
>> >

>> > RBS
>> >

>> > On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Keith Medcalf
><[hidden email]>

>square)
>> > and

>Heaven
>> > says

droedel
Another suggestion: start the application from WinDbg (part of Windows
debugger tools). When the application crashes: type "k" for displaying
the stack trace or "!analyze" for automated exception analysis.

Regards,

Renaat

Op 7/09/2017 om 12:56 schreef Bart Smissaert:

> [...]
>>> before the crash.  It might point to a dependancy missing.
>>> Have you 'installed' SQLite on your Win 10 machines?  I use
>>> system.data.sqlite.dll in my applications, and that requires msvcr120.dll.
>>> Without that, I get a weird 'SQLite.Interop.dll module could not be found'
>>> error ... which makes sense, but its not strictly accurate ... its there,
>>> it just can't be loaded.  SQLite requires a couple of extra files to run
>>> properly.  They may not be installed on the Win 10 box.
>>>
>>> Ideally, you need a proper stack trace and error log from your
>>> application.

>>> Thats for a full-on Windows 'blue screen', not an application crash.  I
>>> assume this isn't causing a blue-screen, but is just failing.

>>> machines?
>>>
>>> SQLite is a third party product, and would not be pre-installed by

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and
democracy. But that could change." -- Dan Quayle

Re: Fwd: Problem on Windows 10 machines

Bart Smissaert
Thanks, will give that a try.

RBS

On 7 Sep 2017 18:45, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> ApplicationIdentity=25991C42874038C9686260EA4D8761D8
>>> MetadataHash=-1228563750
>>>

>>> COM32on64.exe is VB6 ActiveX exe that loads my VB6 dll. This is needed as
>>> this dll is called from 64 bits Excel and that can't access that 32 bit
>>> VB6
>>> dll the
>>> normal way. This loading of the VB6 dll via COM32on64.exe is not the
>>> problem as the dll works all fine, until it makes a call to SQLite.
>>>
>>> Not sure this dump of WerFault.exe helps me much as all I got is Stopped
>>> working and APPCRASH.
>>> At least it shows all the dependencies that are involved.
>>> MSVCR120.dll is present and version is 12.0.40660.0.
>>>

>>> RBS
>>>

>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Chris Locke <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd suggest running the Microsoft Process Monitor

I did debugging with WinDbg and got the following with !analyse:

GetUrlPageData2 (WinHttp) failed: 12002.
DUMP_CLASS: 2
DUMP_QUALIFIER: 0
FAULTING_IP:
ntdll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak+30
00007ffb`0a4871b8 cc              int     3
EXCEPTION_RECORD:  (.exr -1)
ExceptionAddress: 00007ffb0a4871b8
(ntdll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak+0x0000000000000030)
   ExceptionCode: 80000003 (Break instruction exception)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 1
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
FAULTING_THREAD:  00001b24
BUGCHECK_STR:  BREAKPOINT
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  BREAKPOINT
PROCESS_NAME:  COM32on64.exe
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0x80000003 - {EXCEPTION}  Breakpoint  A breakpoint
has been reached.
EXCEPTION_CODE: (HRESULT) 0x80000003 (2147483651) - One or more arguments
are invalid
EXCEPTION_CODE_STR:  80000003
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000000
WATSON_BKT_PROCSTAMP:  56efa71c
WATSON_BKT_PROCVER:  1.0.0.0
PROCESS_VER_PRODUCT:  COM32on64
WATSON_BKT_MODULE:  ntdll.dll
WATSON_BKT_MODSTAMP:  a329d3a8
WATSON_BKT_MODOFFSET:  d71b8
WATSON_BKT_MODVER:  10.0.15063.447
MODULE_VER_PRODUCT:  Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
BUILD_VERSION_STRING:  10.0.15063.447 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
MODLIST_WITH_TSCHKSUM_HASH:  38cbe79f85e7dfdb265ff9afb82039794b9b5c6a
MODLIST_SHA1_HASH:  6299f03ade45bd5452864c8b494e355b11bc3b25
NTGLOBALFLAG:  70
PROCESS_BAM_CURRENT_THROTTLED: 0
PROCESS_BAM_PREVIOUS_THROTTLED: 0
APPLICATION_VERIFIER_FLAGS:  0
PRODUCT_TYPE:  1
SUITE_MASK:  784
DUMP_TYPE:  fe
ANALYSIS_SESSION_HOST:  DESKTOP-9UDFVUA
ANALYSIS_SESSION_TIME:  09-09-2017 14:37:25.0292
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 10.0.15063.468 amd64fre
THREAD_ATTRIBUTES:
OS_LOCALE:  ENG
PROBLEM_CLASSES:
    ID:     [0n300]
    Type:   [@APPLICATION_FAULT_STRING]
    Class:  Primary
    Scope:  DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID (Failure Bucket ID prefix)
            BUCKET_ID
    Name:   Omit
    Data:   Add
            String: [BREAKPOINT]
    PID:    [Unspecified]
    TID:    [Unspecified]
    Frame:  [0]
PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS:  BREAKPOINT
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 00007ffb0a442b28 to 00007ffb0a4871b8
STACK_TEXT:
00000000`0009f2b0 00007ffb`0a442b28 : 00000000`00400000 00000000`00000003
00000000`00000000 00000000`0021d000 : ntdll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak+0x30
00000000`0009f2f0 00007ffb`0a47a1fc : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : ntdll!LdrpInitializeProcess+0xfa4
00000000`0009f720 00007ffb`0a429b1b : 00007ffb`0a3b0000 00000000`00000000
00000000`00000000 00000000`0021d000 : ntdll!_LdrpInitialize+0x506cc
00000000`0009f7a0 00007ffb`0a429ace : 00000000`0009f820 00000000`00000000
00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : ntdll!LdrpInitialize+0x3b
00000000`0009f7d0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : ntdll!LdrInitializeThunk+0xe
THREAD_SHA1_HASH_MOD_FUNC:  f6d506c4546bb5d137f475a99d6cb238658f395a
THREAD_SHA1_HASH_MOD_FUNC_OFFSET:  6cbeafe1708871adca27efbe26e88cd700c132ee
THREAD_SHA1_HASH_MOD:  421247e39d7ac2afa4b65a67c08f22894942361d
FOLLOWUP_IP:
ntdll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak+30
00007ffb`0a4871b8 cc              int     3
FAULT_INSTR_CODE:  4800ebcc
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0
SYMBOL_NAME:  ntdll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak+30
FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: ntdll
IMAGE_NAME:  ntdll.dll
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0
STACK_COMMAND:  dt ntdll!LdrpLastDllInitializer BaseDllName ; dt
ntdll!LdrpFailureData ; ~0s ; kb
BUCKET_ID:  BREAKPOINT_ntdll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak+30
FAILURE_EXCEPTION_CODE:  80000003
FAILURE_IMAGE_NAME:  ntdll.dll
BUCKET_ID_IMAGE_STR:  ntdll.dll
FAILURE_MODULE_NAME:  ntdll
BUCKET_ID_MODULE_STR:  ntdll
FAILURE_FUNCTION_NAME:  LdrpDoDebuggerBreak
BUCKET_ID_FUNCTION_STR:  LdrpDoDebuggerBreak
BUCKET_ID_OFFSET:  30
BUCKET_ID_MODTIMEDATESTAMP:  0
BUCKET_ID_MODCHECKSUM:  1dd2f4
BUCKET_ID_MODVER_STR:  10.0.15063.447
BUCKET_ID_PREFIX_STR:  BREAKPOINT_
FAILURE_PROBLEM_CLASS:  BREAKPOINT
FAILURE_SYMBOL_NAME:  ntdll.dll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  BREAKPOINT_80000003_ntdll.dll!LdrpDoDebuggerBreak
WATSON_STAGEONE_URL:
http://watson.microsoft.com/StageOne/COM32on64.exe/1.0.0.0/56efa71c/ntdll.dll/10.0.15063.447/a329d3a8/80000003/000d71b8.htm?Retriage=1
TARGET_TIME:  2017-09-09T13:37:25.000Z
OSBUILD:  15063
OSSERVICEPACK:  447
SERVICEPACK_NUMBER: 0
OS_REVISION: 0
OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64
OSNAME:  Windows 10
OSEDITION:  Windows 10 WinNt SingleUserTS Personal
USER_LCID:  0
OSBUILD_TIMESTAMP:  unknown_date
BUILDDATESTAMP_STR:  160101.0800
BUILDLAB_STR:  WinBuild
BUILDOSVER_STR:  10.0.15063.447
ANALYSIS_SESSION_ELAPSED_TIME:  5322
ANALYSIS_SOURCE:  UM
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:
um:breakpoint_80000003_ntdll.dll!ldrpdodebuggerbreak
FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {06f54d4d-201f-7f5c-0224-0b1f2e1e15a5}
Followup:     MachineOwner

Not sure it helps me much. The only thing that is somewhat informative is:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (HRESULT) 0x80000003 (2147483651) - One or more arguments
are invalid
Unless somebody can see something else that is interesting.
The link doesn't work.

RBS

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:45 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> ApplicationIdentity=25991C42874038C9686260EA4D8761D8
>>> MetadataHash=-1228563750
>>>

>>> COM32on64.exe is VB6 ActiveX exe that loads my VB6 dll. This is needed as
>>> this dll is called from 64 bits Excel and that can't access that 32 bit
>>> VB6
>>> dll the
>>> normal way. This loading of the VB6 dll via COM32on64.exe is not the
>>> problem as the dll works all fine, until it makes a call to SQLite.
>>>
>>> Not sure this dump of WerFault.exe helps me much as all I got is Stopped
>>> working and APPCRASH.
>>> At least it shows all the dependencies that are involved.
>>> MSVCR120.dll is present and version is 12.0.40660.0.
>>>

>>> RBS
>>>

>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Chris Locke <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd suggest running the Microsoft Process Monitor

Kevin Benson
I wonder if the answer at this following inquiry is suggesting that your
last posted results are unremarkable:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11872539/windbg-crash-dump-analysis
and that suggested alternative approach may be more helpful than WinDbg ?

      -- "
         --Ö¿Ö--
        K e V i N