Problem with clause "where X in (...)"

Mohd Radzi Ibrahim-3
Hi,
I thought that I hit a bug with SQLite 3.28.0  and 3.27.1 when my in-list
contains too many items the code breaks here:

The sqlite3_step just exit without returning any error code.

best regards,
Radzi

Re: Problem with clause "where X in (...)"

Richard Hipp-3
Your message is incomplete.  Do you have a test case that we can see?

On 2/13/19, Mohd Radzi Ibrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I thought that I hit a bug with SQLite 3.28.0  and 3.27.1 when my in-list
> contains too many items the code breaks here:
>
> The sqlite3_step just exit without returning any error code.
>
> best regards,
> Radzi

Re: Problem with clause "where X in (...)"

David Raymond
Here's the page with the limits for what you can give SQLite
https://www.sqlite.org/limits.html

Depending on what your statement ended up looking like that could be the "Maximum Length of an SQL Statement" of 1,000,000 or maybe Maximum Number of Columns of 2,000?

Check to see if you're violating one of the things in there, and if not then give us some more info on just how many items are in the list, and how large the statement text ended up as.

And if it exits without any error code, why do you say it's broken?

Re: Problem with clause "where X in (...)"

Don Walsh
Get me of this list

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019, 8:11 AM David Raymond <[hidden email] wrote:

> Here's the page with the limits for what you can give SQLite
> https://www.sqlite.org/limits.html
>
> Depending on what your statement ended up looking like that could be the
> "Maximum Length of an SQL Statement" of 1,000,000 or maybe Maximum Number
> of Columns of 2,000?
>
> Check to see if you're violating one of the things in there, and if not
> then give us some more info on just how many items are in the list, and how
> large the statement text ended up as.
>
> And if it exits without any error code, why do you say it's broken?

J. King-3
On February 13, 2019 3:09:31 PM EST, Don Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Get me of this list
>
>On Wed, Feb 13, 2019, 8:11 AM David Raymond <[hidden email]
>wrote:
>
>> Here's the page with the limits for what you can give SQLite
>> https://www.sqlite.org/limits.html
>>
>> Depending on what your statement ended up looking like that could be
>the
>> "Maximum Length of an SQL Statement" of 1,000,000 or maybe Maximum
>Number
>> of Columns of 2,000?
>>
>> Check to see if you're violating one of the things in there, and if
>not
>> then give us some more info on just how many items are in the list,
>and how
>> large the statement text ended up as.
>>
>> And if it exits without any error code, why do you say it's broken?

You can remove yourself by following the URL at the bottom of every message.
--
J. King

Re: Problem with clause "where X in (...)"

Jose Isaias Cabrera-4

Click on the link at the bottom of this email...