Problem with mailing list

Bart Smissaert
For some reason it seems postings I send sometimes don't get through or
maybe they do get through but I can't see them.
I posted something yesterday at 12:55 pm (Problem on Windows 10
machines) and I still can't see that posting on the list.
I mail from my normal GMail account.
Is there anything that I might be doing wrong?

RBS

Re: Problem with mailing list

Scott Doctor
Check your spam folder. Some messages get trapped from the list in there occassionally

On September 6, 2017 1:28:21 AM PDT, Bart Smissaert <[hidden email]> wrote:

>For some reason it seems postings I send sometimes don't get through or
>maybe they do get through but I can't see them.
>I posted something yesterday at 12:55 pm (Problem on Windows 10
>machines) and I still can't see that posting on the list.
>I mail from my normal GMail account.
>Is there anything that I might be doing wrong?
>
>RBS

- - - -
Scott Doctor

Re: Problem with mailing list

Bart Smissaert
Had a look, but not in there,
Will just resend it.

RBS

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Scott Doctor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Check your spam folder. Some messages get trapped from the list in there
> occassionally
>
> On September 6, 2017 1:28:21 AM PDT, Bart Smissaert <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >For some reason it seems postings I send sometimes don't get through or
> >maybe they do get through but I can't see them.
> >I posted something yesterday at 12:55 pm (Problem on Windows 10
> >machines) and I still can't see that posting on the list.
> >I mail from my normal GMail account.
> >Is there anything that I might be doing wrong?
> >
> >RBS
>
> - - - -
> Scott Doctor

Re: Problem with mailing list

Bart Smissaert
Strange thing the reply to your e-mail came straight through, but nil yet
of that resent mail.

RBS

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Scott Doctor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Check your spam folder. Some messages get trapped from the list in there
> occassionally
>
> On September 6, 2017 1:28:21 AM PDT, Bart Smissaert <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >For some reason it seems postings I send sometimes don't get through or
> >maybe they do get through but I can't see them.
> >I posted something yesterday at 12:55 pm (Problem on Windows 10
> >machines) and I still can't see that posting on the list.
> >I mail from my normal GMail account.
> >Is there anything that I might be doing wrong?
> >
> >RBS
>
> - - - -
> Scott Doctor

Re: Problem with mailing list

Bart Smissaert
Try like this:

Have a std_call compiled dll (sqlite3 3.20.1) that works perfectly fine on
a Win 7 machine.
On 2 different Win 10 machines I get a crash though when using the dll.
This happens already when I run sqlite3_initialize. When I omit that step
it will crash on the next first call to the dll, which is sqlite3_open_v2.
I use this dll from VB6.
I compile in MSVS 2013 and have compiled on the Win 10 machine as well, all
with no problems.
These are the settings I have in MSVS:

All Options:
--------------------
/GS /TC /analyze- /W3 /Zc:wchar_t /Zi /Gm- /O2 /Fd"Release\vc120.pdb"
/fp:precise /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_USRDLL" /D
"SQLITE3_STDCALL_EXPORTS" /D "SQLITE_ENABLE_JSON1" /D
"SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA" /D "SQLITE_INTROSPECTION_PRAGMAS" /D
"_WINDLL"
/errorReport:prompt /WX- /Zc:forScope /Gz /Oy- /MD /Fa"Release\" /EHsc
/nologo /Fo"Release\" /Fp"Release\SQLite3_StdCall.pch"

Additional Options:
--------------------
sqlite3.c /Gz -DSQLITE_API=__declspec(dllexport) -O2
-DSQLITE_OMIT_DEPRECATED -DSQLITE_OMIT_SHARED_CACHE -DSQLITE_SYSTEM_MALLOC -
DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS
-DSQLITE_ENABLE_DBSTAT_VTAB -DSQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4 -link -dll
-out:SQLite3_StdCall.dll

Preprocessor:
--------------------
WIN32
NDEBUG
_WINDOWS
_USRDLL
SQLITE3_STDCALL_EXPORTS
SQLITE_ENABLE_JSON1
SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA
SQLITE_INTROSPECTION_PRAGMAS

As said, this works all perfectly fine on the Win7 machine.
I looked into the WIN32 setting but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
Could there somehow be a missing dependency on the Win10 machines?
Could the problem be that SQLite is installed by MS already on those
machines?

When I look in Dependency Walker on one of the Win 10 machines I can see
lots
of files marked as: File not found in local directory or search path. This
is for files such as:
API-MS-MS-CORE-CONSOLE-L1-1--0.DLL etc.
After some Googling though this seems an irrelevant thing and more of a
Dependency Walker problem than my problem.

Any idea what could be the problem here?

RBS

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Scott Doctor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Check your spam folder. Some messages get trapped from the list in there
> occassionally
>
> On September 6, 2017 1:28:21 AM PDT, Bart Smissaert <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >For some reason it seems postings I send sometimes don't get through or
> >maybe they do get through but I can't see them.
> >I posted something yesterday at 12:55 pm (Problem on Windows 10
> >machines) and I still can't see that posting on the list.
> >I mail from my normal GMail account.
> >Is there anything that I might be doing wrong?
> >
> >RBS
>
> - - - -
> Scott Doctor

Re: Problem with mailing list

Richard Damon
On 9/6/17 4:28 AM, Bart Smissaert wrote:
> For some reason it seems postings I send sometimes don't get through or
> maybe they do get through but I can't see them.
> I posted something yesterday at 12:55 pm (Problem on Windows 10
> machines) and I still can't see that posting on the list.
> I mail from my normal GMail account.
> Is there anything that I might be doing wrong?
>
> RBS

One thing to point out, is that Gmail has a 'feature' where it
suppresses duplicate messages, and normally considers the message you
get back from the list to be a duplicate of the one you send, so it
doesn't show it to you. (unless you get messages from the list in
something like a digest).

--
Richard Damon

Re: Problem with mailing list

Bart Smissaert
Thanks, will look into that.
Nearly always though I do see the message that I sent appearing in my
inbox, although
sometimes (often) it does take some time, some like a day or so.
Just occasionally it doesn't.

RBS