Problem with "installing"

dannyp1202
Hello,

I'd like to use the SQLite Library now for the first time, for my programs
which should run under Linux and Windows.

But I've got problems with the lib (I'm not very familar with .dll files). I
downloaded the Precompared Binary for Windows. In my progam I included the
sqlite3.h and I copied the sqlite3.dll into my project directory. But when I
compile it, I got error message about unresolved links, e.g. sqlite3_open()

I'm working normally with lib files, which I include with #pragma
comment(lib, "file.lib"); into my C++ program.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Problem with "installing"

Eugene Wee
Hi,

You probably neglected to link to the dll.
What compiler are you using? GCC (i.e. g++)?

Eugene Wee

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to use the SQLite Library now for the first time, for my programs
> which should run under Linux and Windows.
>
> But I've got problems with the lib (I'm not very familar with .dll files). I
> downloaded the Precompared Binary for Windows. In my progam I included the
> sqlite3.h and I copied the sqlite3.dll into my project directory. But when I
> compile it, I got error message about unresolved links, e.g. sqlite3_open()
>
> I'm working normally with lib files, which I include with #pragma
> comment(lib, "file.lib"); into my C++ program.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance :)

AW: Problem with "installing"

dannyp1202
Hello :)

Thanks for your answer.
I'm unsing for my first tests under Windows the Visual C++ Compiler .NET
(because this first testprogram should run previously only under windows).

Thanks in advance :)

Daniel

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to use the SQLite Library now for the first time, for my
> programs which should run under Linux and Windows.
>
> But I've got problems with the lib (I'm not very familar with .dll
> files). I downloaded the Precompared Binary for Windows. In my progam
> I included the sqlite3.h and I copied the sqlite3.dll into my project
> directory. But when I compile it, I got error message about unresolved
> links, e.g. sqlite3_open()
>
> I'm working normally with lib files, which I include with #pragma
> comment(lib, "file.lib"); into my C++ program.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance :)

Re: Problem with "installing"

Steve Bryant
I'm using MSVC and the command
LIB /DEF:sqlite3.def
created a sqlite3.lib for me.

In my case the "LIB" program was not in my path
so I had to find it.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin

For more info, look for the heading "MSVC and SQLite DLL"
under the SQLite wiki topic HowToCompile.
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=HowToCompile

Steve Bryant

>>> [hidden email] 6/8/2005 8:53:48 AM >>>
Hello,

I'd like to use the SQLite Library now for the first time, for my
programs
which should run under Linux and Windows.

But I've got problems with the lib (I'm not very familar with .dll
files). I
downloaded the Precompared Binary for Windows. In my progam I included
the
sqlite3.h and I copied the sqlite3.dll into my project directory. But
when I
compile it, I got error message about unresolved links, e.g.
sqlite3_open()

I'm working normally with lib files, which I include with #pragma
comment(lib, "file.lib"); into my C++ program.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Problem with "installing"

Jay Sprenkle
Instead of the pragma add the library (.lib) directly to the solution.

> I'm working normally with lib files, which I include with #pragma
> comment(lib, "file.lib"); into my C++ program.

Re: Problem with "installing"

Kiel Wadner
Hey Danny,

I think with the advice you've gotten you should be able to run with it.
However it you get stuck take a look at:
http://www.guitipsandtricks.com/Under the 30 most recent you will see
one entitled "Embedded Database for
Easy Storage". If you don't mind signing up, it walks you through using
SQLite on VS .Net.

FYI, the site is run by one of my classes in college so you don't need to
worry about spam or other junk to the email. Its mainly tips that people in
the class have made, but there are a few posted by people in "industry".

--
Kiel W.
[hidden email]