Problems loading extensions on Windows 10

Problems loading extensions on Windows 10

Kyle-2
I am having problems loading sqlite3 extensions on Windows 10.

I have downloaded both sqlite3 and mod_spatialite.dll (the extension) and
copied them to C:\Windows\System32.

When I run
    SELECT load_extension('mod_spatialite')
sqlite returns "Error: the specified module could not be found"

I have also tried
    SELECT load_extension('C:\Windows\System32\mod_spatialite.dll')
which returns the same error.

These commands work perfectly fine in Ubuntu and the extension loads with
no problems. What do I need to do differently on Windows?

Re: Problems loading extensions on Windows 10

Random Coder
On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 2:30 PM Kyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have downloaded both sqlite3 and mod_spatialite.dll (the extension) and
> copied them to C:\Windows\System32.
>
> When I run
>     SELECT load_extension('mod_spatialite')
> sqlite returns "Error: the specified module could not be found"

Helpfully, on Windows, the error message for unable to find a DLL, and
unable to find a dependency of that DLL are the same error.

The version of mod_spatialite.dll I'm familiar with has several
dependencies.  You'll need to make sure all of the dependent DLL files
are also copied to somewhere in your path.  You might try using
Dependency Walker ( http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ) to see which
DLLs a component is missing.

Re: Problems loading extensions on Windows 10

Thomas Kurz
Are both of the same architecture, either 32bit or 64bit?

Re: Problems loading extensions on Windows 10

Kyle-2
As indicated by "Random Coder", the problem was that I was missing the
required dependencies.

Thank you.