Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located

jose isaias cabrera

Greetings.

I just downloaded the provided Windows DLL version from the download site,
v3.9.0, and when I run my program, I get

"The procedure entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located in the
dynamic link library SQLITE3.DLL."

and the program aborts.  I had to go back to v3.8.11.1 to make the program
work again.  Any thoughts?  I thought that this had happened before and it
was some compiler issue.  Thoughts?

thanks.

josé

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize couldnot be located

jose isaias cabrera

Someone is using the mailing list posts to send SPAM to the posters.  Just
fyi.  I just received an email from someone name Alexa including pictures.
The email it came from was

[hidden email]

Just an fyi.  Thanks.


-----Original Message-----
From: jose isaias cabrera
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:55 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [sqlite] Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize
couldnot be located


Greetings.

I just downloaded the provided Windows DLL version from the download site,
v3.9.0, and when I run my program, I get

"The procedure entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located in the
dynamic link library SQLITE3.DLL."

and the program aborts.  I had to go back to v3.8.11.1 to make the program
work again.  Any thoughts?  I thought that this had happened before and it
was some compiler issue.  Thoughts?

thanks.

josé

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users 

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located

Random Coder
In reply to this post by jose isaias cabrera
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM, jose isaias cabrera
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> "The procedure entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located in the
> dynamic link library SQLITE3.DLL."
>
> and the program aborts.  I had to go back to v3.8.11.1 to make the program
> work again.  Any thoughts?  I thought that this had happened before and it
> was some compiler issue.  Thoughts?

There appears to be a problem with the officially provided DLL.  It
only has sqlite3_json_init exported in the DLL.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located

Richard Hipp-3
On 10/14/15, Random Coder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There appears to be a problem with the officially provided DLL.  It
> only has sqlite3_json_init exported in the DLL.
>

Confirmed.  And yet the reason for that is still a complete mystery to
us SQLite developers.  We are trying to figure out why the DLL build
is not working now....

Meanwhile, use the source code.  Statically link.  Your life will be
much easier that way.

--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located

jose isaias cabrera
In reply to this post by Random Coder
-----Original Message-----
From: Random Coder
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:17 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize
could not be located

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM, jose isaias cabrera
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> "The procedure entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located in the
> dynamic link library SQLITE3.DLL."
>
> and the program aborts.  I had to go back to v3.8.11.1 to make the program
> work again.  Any thoughts?  I thought that this had happened before and it
> was some compiler issue.  Thoughts?

There appears to be a problem with the officially provided DLL.  It
only has sqlite3_json_init exported in the DLL.
_______________________________________________

When can we expect a new DLL?  Or is there going to be one?  Or are we going
to have to download a compiler and prepare our own DLL?  Thanks.

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located

Richard Hipp-3
On 10/14/15, jose isaias cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Random Coder
> Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:17 PM
> To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
> Subject: Re: [sqlite] Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize
> could not be located
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM, jose isaias cabrera
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> "The procedure entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located in the
>> dynamic link library SQLITE3.DLL."
>>
>> and the program aborts.  I had to go back to v3.8.11.1 to make the
>> program
>> work again.  Any thoughts?  I thought that this had happened before and
>> it
>> was some compiler issue.  Thoughts?
>
> There appears to be a problem with the officially provided DLL.  It
> only has sqlite3_json_init exported in the DLL.
> _______________________________________________
>
> When can we expect a new DLL?

It's on the website now.

--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located

jose isaias cabrera

Thanks.  Works great!  Thanks.




From: Richard Hipp
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 5:37 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located


On 10/14/15, jose isaias cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Random Coder
> Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:17 PM
> To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
> Subject: Re: [sqlite] Problems with v3.9.0: entry point sqlite3_finalize
> could not be located
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM, jose isaias cabrera
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> "The procedure entry point sqlite3_finalize could not be located in the
>> dynamic link library SQLITE3.DLL."
>>
>> and the program aborts.  I had to go back to v3.8.11.1 to make the
>> program
>> work again.  Any thoughts?  I thought that this had happened before and
>> it
>> was some compiler issue.  Thoughts?
>
> There appears to be a problem with the officially provided DLL.  It
> only has sqlite3_json_init exported in the DLL.
> _______________________________________________
>
> When can we expect a new DLL?

It's on the website now.

--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users


_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Darren Duncan
In reply to this post by jose isaias cabrera
On 2015-10-14 10:30 AM, jose isaias cabrera wrote:
> Someone is using the mailing list posts to send SPAM to the posters.  Just fyi.
> I just received an email from someone name Alexa including pictures. The email
> it came from was
>
> [hidden email]
>
> Just an fyi.  Thanks.

This just happened to me as well.

I got a direct message with return address [hidden email] like Jose
described and it looks like a phishing attempt; it had the email subject "Re:
Re: [sqlite] Sqlite good on Windows XP but very very slow on Windows Seven", a
post I replied to today.

Someone on the SQLite mailing list has been hacked and/or a phisher has
subscribed to the list.

-- Darren Duncan

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Stephan Beal-3
On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Darren Duncan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This just happened to me as well.
>

me as well, within minutes of responding to the post mentioned here:


> and it looks like a phishing attempt; it had the email subject "Re: Re:
> [sqlite] Sqlite good on Windows XP but very very slow on Windows Seven", a
> post I replied to today.
>

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/
http://gplus.to/sgbeal
"Freedom is sloppy. But since tyranny's the only guaranteed byproduct of
those who insist on a perfect world, freedom will have to do." -- Bigby Wolf
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Richard Hipp-3
On 10/18/15, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Darren Duncan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> This just happened to me as well.
>>
>
> me as well, within minutes of responding to the post mentioned here:
>

I've gotten several.  There is no such subscriber on the mailing list.
I've asked Mike to look into the matter, but he hasn't found anything
yet.
--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Stephan Beal-3
On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've gotten several.  There is no such subscriber on the mailing list.
> I've asked Mike to look into the matter, but he hasn't found anything
> yet.
>

It didn't appear to come directly from the list - i suspect someone is
scraping the ML archives.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/
http://gplus.to/sgbeal
"Freedom is sloppy. But since tyranny's the only guaranteed byproduct of
those who insist on a perfect world, freedom will have to do." -- Bigby Wolf
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Richard Hipp-3
On 10/18/15, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've gotten several.  There is no such subscriber on the mailing list.
>> I've asked Mike to look into the matter, but he hasn't found anything
>> yet.
>>
>
> It didn't appear to come directly from the list - i suspect someone is
> scraping the ML archives.
>

Are the messages you are receiving passing through the sqlite.org
server at any point?

The server.nsadatemail.com server has been banished from accessing
sqlite.org using iptables.  But if they are bypassing sqlite.org, that
won't matter.

--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Stephan Beal-3
On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/18/15, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It didn't appear to come directly from the list - i suspect someone is
> > scraping the ML archives.
> >
>
> Are the messages you are receiving passing through the sqlite.org
> server at any point?
>

Not that i see. Here's the full header:

Delivered-To: [hidden email]
Received: by 10.129.53.66 with SMTP id c63csp742959ywa;
        Sat, 17 Oct 2015 13:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.68.247.106 with SMTP id yd10mr24815358pbc.105.1445115495204;
        Sat, 17 Oct 2015 13:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[hidden email]>
Received: from server.nsadatemail.com (server.nsadatemail.com. [103.226.179.51])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id ln5si329888pab.101.2015.10.17.13.58.12
        for <[hidden email]>
        (version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
        Sat, 17 Oct 2015 13:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [hidden email]
designates 103.226.179.51 as permitted sender)
client-ip=103.226.179.51;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
       spf=pass (google.com: domain of [hidden email]
designates 103.226.179.51 as permitted sender)
smtp.mailfrom=[hidden email];
       dkim=pass header.i=@nsadatemail.com
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=nsadatemail.com; s=default; h=Content-Type:MIME-Version:Message-Id:Subject:
        Date:To:From; bh=rIWNoTNlgOfRHoT0fqR6oX/lurido9IJdL739NXjuT0=; b=DQveZQ8vJsWf
        MUXh30/uiz18PGm6gMz2qZIVfbVLWeivTpzJdAAis607LEySDyZGpv4B8K6SgeS7SHvEsL+JTxCnH
        5Nsr9CHtq3dGckNlqA+L+HyIXOtVgbQVGfkbB71qpAWfyWCIN/97gk/dqi3aksfxtiqaszdTweG2t
        vcFjv2tDSbaBHg3iSa/6xnMVayf/KFt1NlHDQCZU09Yvip3kKI/OBMDssCOd6JxB7/L0pWMQzrChU
        V4jvL8fJ3jM9SRvu6S60mBTR6/C1t7E/Z7FwJMq/4OU/K4CyEXBIn+o4puI3r42p5bSBBZQel1SO+
        Hzdly+pkXR/V2+O4DvcEzw==;
Received: from 74-50-117-59.static.hvvc.us ([74.50.117.59]:53544)
        by server.nsadatemail.com with esmtpsa (TLSv1.2:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256)
        (Exim 4.86)
        (envelope-from <[hidden email]>)
        id 1ZnYYA-0005Ke-BS
        for [hidden email]; Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:58:09 -0400
From: Alexa <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:57:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: [sqlite] Sqlite good on Windows XP but very very slow on
        Windows Seven
Message-Id: <25QH1QHREWT4.9LIKTLY2LHOB3@workhorse>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=-uWxy/UCma2/WlXlqAK3eAQ=="
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it
with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server.nsadatemail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - googlemail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - nsadatemail.com
X-Get-Message-Sender-Via: server.nsadatemail.com: authenticated_id:
[hidden email]
X-Authenticated-Sender: server.nsadatemail.com: [hidden email]
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:



(trivia: interestingly, i uses the gmail.com domain for my account, which i
don't use because when i got my gmail account, google wasn't allowed to use
the name gmail in Germany because another company owned the name. Now i
logistically can't switch to gmail.com because so many of my online
accounts are tied to googlemail.com instead of gmail.com.)

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/
http://gplus.to/sgbeal
"Freedom is sloppy. But since tyranny's the only guaranteed byproduct of
those who insist on a perfect world, freedom will have to do." -- Bigby Wolf
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Clemens Ladisch
In reply to this post by Stephan Beal-3
Stephan Beal wrote:
> It didn't appear to come directly from the list - i suspect someone is
> scraping the ML archives.

As far as I can see, the archives do not show the senders' actual email
addresses.

I think it is more likely that someone is scraping somebody's mailbox.
This would be impossible to trace without putting a unique ID for the
receiver into the subject line of each message sent through the list ...


Regards,
Clemens
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Simon Slavin-3

On 18 Oct 2015, at 12:19pm, Clemens Ladisch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stephan Beal wrote:
>> It didn't appear to come directly from the list - i suspect someone is
>> scraping the ML archives.
>
> As far as I can see, the archives do not show the senders' actual email
> addresses.

Nor does nabble (hawk spit).

Also, now it has got going I'm getting one piece of spam for every message I send to the list.  Which suggests it's monitoring mail in realtime rather than scraping an archive.

> I think it is more likely that someone is scraping somebody's mailbox.

Yeah, someone has malware which is (among other things) reading their email.

> This would be impossible to trace without putting a unique ID for the
> receiver into the subject line of each message sent through the list ...

Good idea, though the problem will probably go away before it gets implemented.

Simon.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

jose isaias cabrera
In reply to this post by Richard Hipp-3

No, they are not.  The emails are coming straight from theAlexa person to
the personal email after a reply.  So, someone in the list is grabbing the
emails of the responder and sending an email right away.


-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hipp
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:30 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite list user phishing Alexa

On 10/18/15, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've gotten several.  There is no such subscriber on the mailing list.
>> I've asked Mike to look into the matter, but he hasn't found anything
>> yet.
>>
>
> It didn't appear to come directly from the list - i suspect someone is
> scraping the ML archives.
>

Are the messages you are receiving passing through the sqlite.org
server at any point?

The server.nsadatemail.com server has been banished from accessing
sqlite.org using iptables.  But if they are bypassing sqlite.org, that
won't matter.

--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users 

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Darren Duncan
Yes, both times I got the messages so far (and they were different messages, as
if the fake Alexia was having an ongoing discussion), they were within an hour
of my posting to the list.  What most likely is happening is that someone
subscribed to the list has been compromised or the scammer is subscribed with a
different address than they are sending the scams from.  The responses are too
quick to just be an archive scrape, maybe. -- Darren Duncan

On 2015-10-18 2:31 PM, jose isaias cabrera wrote:

>
> No, they are not.  The emails are coming straight from theAlexa person to the
> personal email after a reply.  So, someone in the list is grabbing the emails of
> the responder and sending an email right away.
>
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Richard Hipp
> Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:30 AM
> To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
> Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite list user phishing Alexa
>
> On 10/18/15, Stephan Beal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I've gotten several.  There is no such subscriber on the mailing list.
>>> I've asked Mike to look into the matter, but he hasn't found anything
>>> yet.
>>>
>>
>> It didn't appear to come directly from the list - i suspect someone is
>> scraping the ML archives.
>>
>
> Are the messages you are receiving passing through the sqlite.org
> server at any point?
>
> The server.nsadatemail.com server has been banished from accessing
> sqlite.org using iptables.  But if they are bypassing sqlite.org, that
> won't matter.
>

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SQLite list user phishing Alexa

Ian Zimmerman
In reply to this post by Darren Duncan
On 2015-10-17 23:57 -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:

> This just happened to me as well.
>
> I got a direct message with return address [hidden email] like
> Jose described and it looks like a phishing attempt; it had the email
> subject "Re: Re: [sqlite] Sqlite good on Windows XP but very very slow
> on Windows Seven", a post I replied to today.
>
> Someone on the SQLite mailing list has been hacked and/or a phisher
> has subscribed to the list.

FWIW, it happened to me too, minutes after I _subscribed_ to the list,
without ever having posted.  So I am inclined to think it's a compromise
of the list server itself.

--
Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
Rule 420: All persons more than eight miles high to leave the court.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users