Query for ON_DELETE_CASCADE

ajay-7
Hello All,

There are 3 tables interconnected with each other by foreign keys. On
deleting particular item from one table should delete all items from other
tables that was pointing to it using foreign key (Just like
ON_DELETE_CASCADE - SQLite does not support ON_DELETE_CASCADE, so I want to
write query to do so)

Let me know is there any other solution to do so.

Regards,

Ajay Sonawane

Re: Query for ON_DELETE_CASCADE

David M. Cook
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:54:26AM +0530, Ajay wrote:

> There are 3 tables interconnected with each other by foreign keys. On
> deleting particular item from one table should delete all items from other
> tables that was pointing to it using foreign key (Just like
> ON_DELETE_CASCADE - SQLite does not support ON_DELETE_CASCADE, so I want to
> write query to do so)
>
> Let me know is there any other solution to do so.

It's really simple.  Suppose baz.foo_id references foo(foo_id)

CREATE TRIGGER on_delete_foo DELETE ON foo
  BEGIN
    DELETE FROM baz WHERE foo_id=OLD.foo_id;
  END;

Dave Cook