Question: Insert trigger to make an insert conditional

Question: Insert trigger to make an insert conditional

Jay Godse
Hi.

I would like to put an insert trigger on a table A before the
insert where the insert only happens if the values in the new
row meet certain conditions.

I can achieve the same result by having the trigger run after
the insert on Table A and delete the newly inserted row if the
row does not match the conditions.

Also, if I call this "insert" statement from C, and the delete
trigger runs, do I get a message from the API that the row was
not inserted?

Curiously,   Jay Godse