Quick news on the Perl-bindings front

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Quick news on the Perl-bindings front

Randy J. Ray
I just sent a patch to the maintainer of the DBD::SQLite package, that lets it
build against an installed version of the library. The current package carries
a copy of the code with it, and builds it locally. With this patch, you can
update your base sqlite installation and the Perl driver will stay in sync.

Not sure about the maintainer's schedule, but I imagine we'll see a release in
the next few days.

Randy
--
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Randy J. Ray        Campbell, CA    http://www.rjray.org   [hidden email]

Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick news on the Perl-bindings front

Matt Sergeant-2
On 20 Jun 2005, at 06:57, Randy J. Ray wrote:

> I just sent a patch to the maintainer of the DBD::SQLite package, that
> lets it
> build against an installed version of the library. The current package
> carries
> a copy of the code with it, and builds it locally. With this patch,
> you can
> update your base sqlite installation and the Perl driver will stay in
> sync.
>
> Not sure about the maintainer's schedule, but I imagine we'll see a
> release in
> the next few days.

1.09 is now on CPAN. Note that there's a weird bug when trying to
compile against the system sqlite on OS X Tiger due to some munging
Apple have done to the header files. Someone is supplying me with a
work-around.

Matt.


______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick news on the Perl-bindings front

Darren Duncan
At 1:29 PM -0400 6/21/05, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>1.09 is now on CPAN. Note that there's a weird bug when trying to
>compile against the system sqlite on OS X Tiger due to some munging
>Apple have done to the header files. Someone is supplying me with a
>work-around.

I noticed that upload before seeing this post; thanks.

Can you please say which file(s) you changed to implement the (don't
turn looks-like into numbers unless asked) change, mentioned in the
changelog?  When I used CPAN's diff utility and looked at the files
which seemed to be specific to DBD::SQLite, other than the
Makefile.PL, I didn't see any changes in them besides version number
updates.  I looked in SQLite.xs and SQLite.pm.

-- Darren Duncan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Quick news on the Perl-bindings front

Matt Sergeant-2
On 21 Jun 2005, at 15:41, Darren Duncan wrote:

> At 1:29 PM -0400 6/21/05, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>> 1.09 is now on CPAN. Note that there's a weird bug when trying to
>> compile against the system sqlite on OS X Tiger due to some munging
>> Apple have done to the header files. Someone is supplying me with a
>> work-around.
>
> I noticed that upload before seeing this post; thanks.
>
> Can you please say which file(s) you changed to implement the (don't
> turn looks-like into numbers unless asked) change, mentioned in the
> changelog?  When I used CPAN's diff utility and looked at the files
> which seemed to be specific to DBD::SQLite, other than the
> Makefile.PL, I didn't see any changes in them besides version number
> updates.  I looked in SQLite.xs and SQLite.pm.

It's all just magic in Makefile.PL - telling perl which files to
compile (or not) and link against (or not).

Matt.


______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________