R: Re: Result error in System.Data.SQlite COLLATE NOCASE

R: Re: Result error in System.Data.SQlite COLLATE NOCASE

andrea-dev@libero.it
Thanks for replay.
I've tried now with SQLite Command Line Shell, 82 rows as expected (like DB
Browser for SQLite).
Same query in VB,net 124 rows (???)

SQLite (82 rows).Same statement return an error in VB.NET using System.Data.
SQLite (164 rows)

>Please try the same SELECT command using the SQLite Command Line Shell:
>
><https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html>
>
>downloadable as part of the 'Precompiled Binaries' for your platform:
>
>https://www.sqlite.org/download.html
>
>Simon.

Re: R: Re: Result error in System.Data.SQlite COLLATE NOCASE

Simon Slavin-3

On 13 Mar 2017, at 5:04am, [hidden email] wrote:

> I've tried now with SQLite Command Line Shell, 82 rows as expected (like DB
> Browser for SQLite).
> Same query in VB,net 124 rows (???)

This throws strong suspicion on where the problem lies.

The SQLite command line shell tool is written and maintained by the SQLite developer team.  If there’s a but in it they’ll fix it.  However, DB Browser for SQLite is not and faults in it should be reported to whoever wrote/supports it.  The fact that you’ve tried the same thing in the command line tool and not got the same error should give them something useful to work with.

On 13 Mar 2017, at 5:11am, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The SQLite command line shell tool is written and maintained by the SQLite developer team.  If there’s a but in it they’ll fix it.  However, DB Browser for SQLite is not and faults in it should be reported to whoever wrote/supports it. The fact that you’ve tried the same thing in the command line tool and not got the same error should give them something useful to work with.

Sorry about that.  I got your tools messed up.  Either your VB code is wrong, or VB itself is wrong, or System.Data.SQlite is wrong.  I have no idea how to figure out which.