RSS code patch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RSS code patch

Will Leshner-2
If a person wanted to propose a patch to the code that generates the  
RSS from the timeline messages, where would be a good place to start?  
In other words, where does that code live? Is that something that we  
mortals can look at in order to suggest changes? The reason I ask is  
because I think it would be really cool if the headline links pointed  
back to the items in CVSTrac themselves. Currently, it doesn't appear  
that the headlines are linked at all. I think I might be the only one  
who does this, but I subscribe to the timeline RSS feed through  
Bloglines and it is a really great way to keep track of what's going  
on with the SQLite development process. But I'd really like to be  
able to click on the headlines in Bloglines in order to go right to  
an item.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RSS code patch

Nemanja Corlija
On 12/15/05, Will Leshner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If a person wanted to propose a patch to the code that generates the
> RSS from the timeline messages, where would be a good place to start?
You can create a ticket on CVSTrac website: http://www.cvstrac.org/cvstrac/
If you also have some patch that you'd like to contribute, feel free
to attach it to that ticket.

> In other words, where does that code live?
http://www.cvstrac.org/cvstrac/rlog?f=cvstrac/rss.c

> Is that something that we
> mortals can look at in order to suggest changes? The reason I ask is
> because I think it would be really cool if the headline links pointed
> back to the items in CVSTrac themselves. Currently, it doesn't appear
> that the headlines are linked at all.
Those links are available in RSS generated by CVSTrac 1.2.0. SQLite
website is still using older version of CVSTrac.

> I think I might be the only one
> who does this, but I subscribe to the timeline RSS feed through
> Bloglines and it is a really great way to keep track of what's going
> on with the SQLite development process. But I'd really like to be
> able to click on the headlines in Bloglines in order to go right to
> an item.
I don't know anything about Bloglines, but RSS support in CVSTrac is
very basic ATM. However that is being worked on and it will be
improved by the time next version of CVSTrac is released. When exactly
will that be is impossible to tell, of course.

--
Nemanja Corlija <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RSS code patch

D. Richard Hipp
In reply to this post by Will Leshner-2
Will Leshner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If a person wanted to propose a patch to the code that generates the  
> RSS from the timeline messages, where would be a good place to start?  
>

http://www.cvstrac.org/cvstrac/tktnew

--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RSS code patch

Will Leshner-2
In reply to this post by Nemanja Corlija

On Dec 15, 2005, at 12:14 PM, Nemanja Corlija wrote:

> Those links are available in RSS generated by CVSTrac 1.2.0. SQLite
> website is still using older version of CVSTrac.

Aha. Thanks.

> I don't know anything about Bloglines, but RSS support in CVSTrac is
> very basic ATM. However that is being worked on and it will be
> improved by the time next version of CVSTrac is released. When exactly
> will that be is impossible to tell, of course.

Great. I can't wait :)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RSS code patch

Will Leshner-2
In reply to this post by D. Richard Hipp

On Dec 15, 2005, at 12:21 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> http://www.cvstrac.org/cvstrac/tktnew

Thanks!