RTree function information

R Smith-2
I see three R*Tree functions in the function list compiled-in with
latest binaries, namely:
rtreecheck(),
rtreedepth(), and
rtreenode().

While rtreecheck() is explained at the bottom of the R*Tree
documentation page at:
https://sqlite.org/rtree.html#integrity_check_using_the_rtreecheck_sql_function

I cannot find any mention of the other two. When searching on the
website using the standard search-box, both rtreenode and rtreedepth
return Zero hits.

Might there be documentation hidden away somewhere? If so, would it be
useful to be more visible?

Kindly let me know where I can find it, or perhaps a quick basic note on
how those two functions work and are meant to be used.

Thank you kindly!
Ryan

Re: RTree function information

Richard Hipp-3
On 1/7/20, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see three R*Tree functions in the function list compiled-in with
> latest binaries, namely:
> rtreecheck(),
> rtreedepth(), and
> rtreenode().
>
> While rtreecheck() is explained ...
>
> I cannot find any mention of the other two.

Those other routines are for testing and debugging use only.  They
will (likely) be made inaccessible to normal application code in the
next release.

On 2020/01/07 3:46 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
> On 1/7/20, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I cannot find any mention of the other two.
> Those other routines are for testing and debugging use only.  They
> will (likely) be made inaccessible to normal application code in the
> next release.

Thank you kindly.

May I assume the same of FTS5 functions:
fts5_decode,
fts5_decode_none,
fts5_expr,
fts5_expr_tcl,
fts5_fold, and
fts5_isalnum?

Since they also show up in the listing but I cannot find them in the
normal docs.

Re: RTree function information

Richard Hipp-3
On 1/7/20, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2020/01/07 3:46 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
>> On 1/7/20, R Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I cannot find any mention of the other two.
>> Those other routines are for testing and debugging use only.  They
>> will (likely) be made inaccessible to normal application code in the
>> next release.
>

> Thank you kindly.
>
> May I assume the same of FTS5 functions:

Yes.