Re: Version 3.20.0 coming soon...

David Raymond
Is there a page for the LSM1 extension?

Minor typos:

https://sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_20_0.html
"Evaluation WHERE clause constraints" -> "Evaluate WHERE clause constraints"

https://sqlite.org/draft/stmt.html
"The enable the STMT extension" -> "To enable the STMT extension"
"in default builts of" -> "in default builds of"

Re: Version 3.20.0 coming soon...

Jungle Boogie
On 13 July 2017 at 11:49, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The 3.20.0 release of SQLite is expected in about a week.  Please
> report any issues that you have with the beta as soon as possible.
>
> Code is available in the "prerelease snapshot" at
> https://sqlite.org/download.html
>
> An overview of changes is at https://sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_20_0.html

https://sqlite.org/draft/c3ref/result_blob.html
Duplicate from:
space obtained from from sqlite3_malloc() before it

It's mighty impressive that you and your team make rather large
releases like this and you do it so frequently.
Tip of the hat to you!

> You can send issues to this email list, or directly to me.
>
> --
> D. Richard Hipp

-------
inum: 883510009027723
sip: [hidden email]

Re: Version 3.20.0 coming soon...

Don V Nielsen
> perhaps the devs can invent some other namespace

Seconded. I would like to think the devs, themselves, would like to create
some sort of namespace or isolation for the structures created by the
extensions. A little more gusto in the name, rather than STMT, would always
be appreciated. imo

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2017, at 8:50am, Clemens Ladisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > There already is an "sqlite_" namespace, and it is reserved for internal
> > objects of SQLite itself.
> >
> > The STMT virtual table is an extension that must be explicitly enabled.
> > (The sqlite3 command-line shell does so by default, but it already did
> > with other extensions like fileio, and it does not actually have the
> > same API stability guarantees as the SQLite library.)
>
> Then perhaps the devs can invent some other namespace for this new
> category of thing.  I don’t mind what the name is, I would just like the
> entity to be clearly marked as not one of mine.  The ability to filter out
> names including underline characters is very useful.
>
> Simon.

Re: Version 3.20.0 coming soon...

Richard Hipp-3
The STMT extension has been renamed as SQLITE_STMT.

Updated code is in the prerelease snapshot on
https://sqlite.org/download.html and the draft documentation
(https://sqlite.org/draft/index.html) has been updated.