Re: sequencer

Sylvain Pointeau
On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:21 AM, Sylvain Pointeau <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 7:41 AM, petern <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Sylvain, are you happy with the performance?
>>
>> Maybe you are using it differently but, from my tests, the DEFAULT clause
>> is ignored for PRIMARY KEY columns.   I had to use an ordinary column with
>> UNIQUE constraint to test your extension.  Below is a tester for 1 million
>> rows which completes in about 186 seconds.  The same million row test with
>> PRIMARY KEY column (and ignored DEFAULT) completes in about 5 seconds.

for information, I tested it with H2

CREATE SEQUENCE IF NOT EXISTS SEQ_TEST START WITH 1;
CREATE TABLE SEQ_TEST(seq_num INT UNIQUE NOT NULL);

insert into SEQ_TEST(seq_num)
select seq_test.nextval from SYSTEM_RANGE(1, 1000000)
;

[2017-08-04 13:17:00] 1000000 rows affected in 22s 349ms