Read/Write cycle

manojkumar schnell
Hi All,

I'm new to the Database, In my application i want to update a particular
data in a database for every 10 sec. What is the maximum read/write cycle
for the above scenario?

--

With Regards,

S. Manoj Kumar.

+91-99948 57534.

Re: Read/Write cycle

Clemens Ladisch
manojkumar schnell wrote:
> What is the maximum read/write cycle?

The database puts no limit on how often you can read or update data.

Regards,
Clemens

Re: Read/Write cycle

Kees Nuyt

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:54:07 +0530, you wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to the Database, In my application i want to update a particular
> data in a database for every 10 sec. What is the maximum read/write cycle
> for the above scenario?

Nobody can give an answer to that, there are many dependencies
and even more unknowns.

A few of the things that matter:
- whether you keep the connection to the database open or not
- the size of the page cache
- if any keys are changed by such an update
- the number of indexes involved (modified) when that data
  is updated
- the probabilty that an update will cause the BTrees of
  the table and its indexes
- depth of the BTrees
- the size of the OS cache for file blocks
- pressure on evicting the file block cache by other
  programs
- etc.

The best way to find out is to build it, populate the database
with production-size data, let it run and measure the read/write
cycles as they occur.

Hope this helps.

Kees Nuyt