> Hi All,
> I'm new to the Database, In my application i want to update a particular
> data in a database for every 10 sec. What is the maximum read/write cycle
> for the above scenario?
Nobody can give an answer to that, there are many dependencies
and even more unknowns.
A few of the things that matter:
- whether you keep the connection to the database open or not
- the size of the page cache
- if any keys are changed by such an update
- the number of indexes involved (modified) when that data
- the probabilty that an update will cause the BTrees of
the table and its indexes
- depth of the BTrees
- the size of the OS cache for file blocks
- pressure on evicting the file block cache by other
The best way to find out is to build it, populate the database
with production-size data, let it run and measure the read/write
cycles as they occur.