Recommended tool to read SQLITE btree?

deon
Anybody have a recommendation for a tool that can read/show/interpret a SQLITE file at the BTREE level?

Want to be able to decode the links between pages, figure out what all the data mean etc. And should be able to work on a corrupted file.

- Deon

Re: Recommended tool to read SQLITE btree?

Simon Slavin-3
On 17 Feb 2018, at 12:34am, Deon Brewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anybody have a recommendation for a tool that can read/show/interpret a SQLITE file at the BTREE level?

You probably want one of these (listed in alphabetical order):

<https://sandersonforensics.com/forum/content.php?194-SQLite-Forensic-Explorer>
<https://www.sqliteviewer.com/forensics/>
<https://www.systoolsgroup.com/sqlite-viewer.html>

I have not used any of them.

Note that the SQLite developer team offer forensic services ... at a price.

<https://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/prosupport.html>

Re: Recommended tool to read SQLITE btree?

Rowan Worth-2
On 17 February 2018 at 08:34, Deon Brewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anybody have a recommendation for a tool that can read/show/interpret a
> SQLITE file at the BTREE level?
>
> Want to be able to decode the links between pages, figure out what all the
> data mean etc. And should be able to work on a corrupted file.

If you download the full sqlite source tree you'll find tool/showdb.c,
which can show you the btree structure (at least the intact part) and the
raw data from any DB page.

I can't remember if it can interperet index/table data off the top of my
head; you might need to refer to https://www.sqlite.org/fileformat.html to
decode the payload.

-Rowan