Request for ISO Week in strftime()

nomad
The current '%W' week substitution appears to be US-specific. I would
like to make a feature request for a '%V' (or similar) substitution
that inserts the ISO-8601 week number.

--
Mark Lawrence

Re: Request for ISO Week in strftime()

John McMahon-2
Sorry, re-sending to list.

Point of Clarification: The ISO Week begins as day 1 on Monday and ends
as day 7 on Sunday, hump day (colloq.) is Thursday. There may be other
repercussions in terms of week counts if this has not been implemented
correctly. I haven't checked, I do not use this personally.

John

On 17/05/2017 19:07, [hidden email] wrote:
> The current '%W' week substitution appears to be US-specific. I would
> like to make a feature request for a '%V' (or similar) substitution
> that inserts the ISO-8601 week number.

--
Regards
    John McMahon

Re: Request for ISO Week in strftime()

Olivier Mascia
In ISO the weeks are indeed from Monday (1) to Sunday (7) and all days between a Monday and Sunday belong to the same week.

The first week (1) of a year is the one containing the first Thursday of the year. Or said differently containing the 4th of January.

This implies that : week 1 can start in the year-1 and there can be a week 53 some years.

--
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Met vriendelijke groeten,
Olivier Mascia (from mobile device), http://integral.software