Resources for learning SQLite

Mike Clark
I suspect there are already threads on this, so apologies for the potential
duplicate...

I'm a long-time C# developer who has used Sql Server for decades, but I'm
just getting started with SQLite. Does anyone have any recommendations for
books or online resources?

I'm particularly interested in resources that use C#.

I've been working with "Using SQLite" by Jay A. Kreibich, and it's very
useful, but if there's something more advanced I'd love to know about it.

Thanks!

--
Mike Clark <http://www.mikeclark.co>
Twitter: @Cyberherbalist

Re: Resources for learning SQLite

Jay Kreibich

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 12:06 PM, Mike Clark <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I suspect there are already threads on this, so apologies for the potential
> duplicate...
>
> I'm a long-time C# developer who has used Sql Server for decades, but I'm
> just getting started with SQLite. Does anyone have any recommendations for
> books or online resources?
>
> I'm particularly interested in resources that use C#.
>
> I've been working with "Using SQLite" by Jay A. Kreibich, and it's very
> useful, but if there's something more advanced I'd love to know about it.

Glad it’s useful.  It’s also a bit out of date, as it was published in 2010 when the latest version was 3.6.  The core stuff is still valid, but there have been a LOT of advancements in the last eight years.

  -j

Re: Resources for learning SQLite

Drago, William @ CSG - NARDA-MITEQ-2

Start by downloading the help file from

http://system.data.sqlite.org/

(Don't forget to unblock it) And look at the introduction, especially "Getting the best performance out of SQLite."

I use SQLite with C# and get it either with NuGet, or I copy the files myself. NuGet is a little easier.

--
Bill Drago
Software Engineer

> --
> Mike Clark <http://www.mikeclark.co>
> Twitter: @Cyberherbalist
> Blog: Cyberherbalist's Blog <http://www.cyberherbalist.co>
> ---------
> "Free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes
> possible any love or goodness or joy worth having."
> *- C. S. Lewis*
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving..

Beginning April 1, 2018, L3 Technologies, Inc. will discontinue the use of all @L-3Com.com email addresses. To ensure delivery of your messages to this recipient, please update your records to use [hidden email].

Re: Resources for learning SQLite

Damien Sykes-Lindley
The SQLite documentation has a whole section on the SQL syntax that it
supports. If you're working with C#, I believe system.data.sqlite is what's
used there, but having made my bed in attempting to learn C and C++ so not
having any reason to use that, I can't say how detailed and/or in-depth they
are.
While we're on the topic of documentation, is the SQLite SQL syntax laid out
in actual text anywhere, or is it just the syntax diagrams? At the moment I
can only find the diagrams which are no good to me (using a screen reader)
and so the rest I'm having to try to piece together from the usage notes and
my limited knowledge of MySQL.
Cheers.
Damien.

Re: Resources for learning SQLite

Chris Locke-3
I'm a VB.Net developer (so don't hate me...) but use SQLite quite
extensively at work - works really well (well, obviously...)
If you know SQL Server, then SQLite isn't that miuch different, and the
class wrappers I use are identical, apart from the connection strings,
which I could pass on.  The wrappers are quite basic (no pun intended) so
depends on your requirements and development needs......

Thanks,
Chris