Reusing built-in sqlite3_io_methods

Albert Banaszkiewicz
Hello everybody,

In our system we use our custom VFS implementation (sqlite3_vfs_register, sqlite3_vfs). Now we would like to come up with locking strategy.
And here is the question:
Is there a way to reuse one from the set of already implemented in sqlite ? Or is it necessary to write it from scratch or copy it from sqlite source code ?

Best Regards,
Albert Banaszkiewicz

Re: [EXTERNAL] Reusing built-in sqlite3_io_methods

Hick Gunter
Reuse is only possible if your custom VFS's internal file object structure is compatible with struct unixFile as defined in os_unix.c und the selected locking strategy uses the same methods/system calls.

So my guess is "probably not", but grabbing code from os_unix.c might be a good starting point if your OS has similar system calls.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----