Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

drgrep
This was posted previously, but in case you missed the subject line,
here is a restatement.

Google and O'Reilly honored five open source people whose
contributions over the past year have been exceptional in five
categories: Communicator, Evangelist, Diplomat, Integrator, and
Hacker. Richard was awarded best integrator.

"One person was able to get Python, Perl & PHP people to all agree on
something. No small feat. They all agreed on the success of SQLite,
and began using it in earnest by being small as well as extremely fast
for all the most common database functions. Our server budgets also
thank you."

Details at http://osdir.com/Article6677.phtml

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Cory Nelson
Very cool! Congrats!

Cory Nelson
http://www.int64.org

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Nuno Lucas
[05-08-2005 7:08, Mike Owens escreveu]

> This was posted previously, but in case you missed the subject line,
> here is a restatement.
>
> Google and O'Reilly honored five open source people whose
> contributions over the past year have been exceptional in five
> categories: Communicator, Evangelist, Diplomat, Integrator, and
> Hacker. Richard was awarded best integrator.
>
> "One person was able to get Python, Perl & PHP people to all agree on
> something. No small feat. They all agreed on the success of SQLite,
> and began using it in earnest by being small as well as extremely fast
> for all the most common database functions. Our server budgets also
> thank you."
>
> Details at http://osdir.com/Article6677.phtml

Just want to add my congatulations here too.
The project well deserves it! :)

Best Regards,
~Nuno Lucas

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Sid Liu

Congratulations! I have to agree with Google and
O'Reilly on this. No small feat indeed!

Sid

--- Mike Owens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This was posted previously, but in case you missed
> the subject line,
> here is a restatement.
>
> Google and O'Reilly honored five open source people
> whose
> contributions over the past year have been
> exceptional in five
> categories: Communicator, Evangelist, Diplomat,
> Integrator, and
> Hacker. Richard was awarded best integrator.
>
> "One person was able to get Python, Perl & PHP
> people to all agree on
> something. No small feat. They all agreed on the
> success of SQLite,
> and began using it in earnest by being small as well
> as extremely fast
> for all the most common database functions. Our
> server budgets also
> thank you."
>
> Details at http://osdir.com/Article6677.phtml

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Kervin L. Pierre

Me too! :)

Congratulations to Dr. Hipp.

Open-source or commercial, all things considered,
Sqlite is definitely the best at what it sets out
to do.

Regards,
Kervin

Nuno Lucas wrote:

> Just want to add my congatulations here too.
> The project well deserves it! :)
>
> Best Regards,
> ~Nuno Lucas

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Peter Berkenbosch

Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

BertV
SQLite is a very great engine.

Thanks for the good work, well earned this award, congratulations.

Good luck

--
Met vriendelijke groet
Bert Verhees
ROSA Software

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Tito Ciuro
Without SQLite I couldn't have done some of my projects. It's amazing
at what it does.

Thanks a lot and congratulations!

-- Tito

---------------------------
Tito Ciuro
Webbo, L.L.C.
http://www.webbo.com

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Edward Wilson
Ditto, I can't imagine how the industry as a whole has done without something like Sqlite for so
long.  I plan to use Sqlite in almost everything I build going forward--it's so much better than
XML files or plan text.

Congratulations! and Thanks for sharing such a powerful and useful application.

-
ed

--- Tito Ciuro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Without SQLite I couldn't have done some of my projects. It's amazing
> at what it does.
>
> Thanks a lot and congratulations!
>
> -- Tito
>

> ---------------------------
> Tito Ciuro
> Webbo, L.L.C.
> http://www.webbo.com

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Maryanna Nesina
My congatulations! It's really magnificant :)

Re: Richard Hipp Awarded Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2005

Darren Duncan
At 4:33 PM +0200 8/5/05, Bert Verhees wrote:
>SQLite is a very great engine.
>
>Thanks for the good work, well earned this award, congratulations.
>
>Good luck

Yes indeed.  I regret that I didn't have my camera out to take a
picture of DRH receiving he award.  I had such a good seat too.
Hopefully someone else took that picture. -- Darren Duncan