SQLite 3.31.0 enters pre-release testing

SQLite 3.31.0 enters pre-release testing

Richard Hipp-3
Our intent is that there will be no more changes to SQLite, other than
documentation updates and bug fixes, prior to the 3.31.0 release.
Consider the "Prerelease Snapshot" at https://sqlite.org/download.html
to be a beta-release.  Please test that snapshot and report any
problems.

A terse summary of changes can be seen at
https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/current.html

A release checklist has been set up at
https://www.sqlite.org/src/ext/checklist/top/index

As I write these words, the checklist is all gray.  Items will turn
green as they are checked off (or other colors if there are issues).
The 3.31.0 release will occur when the checklist goes all-green.  We
hope to achieve this on or before 2020-01-31 - two weeks from today.

You can see the full sequence of main-branch check-ins since the
previous release at
https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?from=release&to=trunk

For a diff showing all changes since the previous release, edit the
prior URL by replacing "/timeline" with "/vdiff".  You can also click
on any two nodes (the circles connected by arrows) on the timeline
graph to see a diff between the two selected check-ins.  Or, manually
edit the URL to change the "from" and "to" attributes to a check-in
hash prefix, branch name, of tag.

Re: SQLite 3.31.0 enters pre-release testing

Simon Slavin-3
<https://www.sqlite.org/draft/pragma.html#pragma_trusted_schema>

Can the words 'security audited' be changed to a link to

<https://www.sqlite.org/draft/c3ref/c_dbconfig_defensive.html#sqlitedbconfigtrustedschema>

?  Or can the explanation of the defensive steps be otherwise explained on the PRAGMA page ?

I think more people are going to read about these settings on the PRAGMA page than on the dbconfig page.

Re: SQLite 3.31.0 enters pre-release testing

Jose Isaias Cabrera-4

Richard Hipp, on Friday, January 17, 2020 07:56 AM, wrote...

> A terse summary of changes can be seen at
> https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/current.html
No gain in speed? :-)  I love it when I see, "2% faster..."  Thanks.

josé