SQLite C++

Rajesh Nair-5
Hi

Is there any future plan to develop sqlite in C++.

Rajesh Nair

Re: SQLite C++

Puneet Kishor-2
On 5/29/08, Rajesh Nair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any future plan to develop sqlite in C++.

Didn't you (or someone else) just ask that just a couple of days ago?
I would say the chances of SQLite++ are less than zero (thank
heavens), but for more details, search the list for an answer.

> Rajesh Nair

Re: SQLite C++

Darko Miletic-3
Rajesh Nair wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any future plan to develop sqlite in C++.

Why would anybody want to do that?

Re: SQLite C++

dcharno
>> Is there any future plan to develop sqlite in C++.
>>

> Why would anybody want to do that?

Maybe he is looking for a C++ wrapper for Sqlite.

    http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers

Re: SQLite C++

Darko Miletic-3
dcharno wrote:
>>> Is there any future plan to develop sqlite in C++.
>>>
>> Why would anybody want to do that?
>
> Maybe he is looking for a C++ wrapper for Sqlite.

Than look no further. SOCI is the definite sqlite c++ wrapper.

http://soci.sourceforge.net/

Re: SQLite C++

John Stanton-3
Darko Miletic wrote:
> Rajesh Nair wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there any future plan to develop sqlite in C++.
>>

> Why would anybody want to do that?

Sabotage?

Re: SQLite C++

Clay Dowling
Rajesh Nair wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any future plan to develop sqlite in C++.

Given that C++ has source and binary compatibility with C, I don't think
there would be any point.  I develop in C++ using SQLite quite happily,
and see no reason to stop now.

Clay

Re: SQLite C++

dcharno
Darko Miletic wrote:
>> Maybe he is looking for a C++ wrapper for Sqlite.
>
> Than look no further. SOCI is the definite sqlite c++ wrapper.
>
> http://soci.sourceforge.net/

This wrapper looked really promising.  But, the SQLite backend wasn't
being maintained and is no longer officially supported in the latest
releases.