SQLite DUMP to disk using SQLite instead of shell?

SQLite DUMP to disk using SQLite instead of shell?

Flakheart
Is there a way to do an SQL .DUMP to disk from inside my program instead of going to a shell? Or some way I can do the same thing using a backup to disk from the running program hosting the live database?

I normally do backups by parsing tables and storing individual tables in XML files but there would be less for end users to lose if all data was backed up to a single dump file.

Regards.