SQLite Database Crash

Vihangi Patel
Hello SQLite Team,

I am using SQLite database in Linux with 256MB RAM. With Java program, I
am trying to connect with database. But that java process is crashed and
giving "out of memory" error.

I tried same test with 512MB RAM , and its working properly.

Can you give me some solution using which I can create and connect
database with 256MB RAM.

Vihangi Patel

Re: SQLite Database Crash

Brice André
Dear Patel,

When does your java program crashes ? At start-up when you open the
database ? When you perform DB queries ?

Which Java library do you use to interface sqlite ? How do you use it ?

Do you perform queries that retrieve big quantity of data ?

SQLite can be tuned to use more or less memory. But SQLite is not the only
element that uses memory in your setup and before trying to tune this
library, you should try to get a whole picture of where the available
memory is used. The way the java library you use interfaces sqlite to your
program, and the way you use this library may also have a huge impact on
the total memory your application needs.

Regards,
Brice