SQLite Error while trying to BackupDatabase

SQLite Error while trying to BackupDatabase

Karthi M
HI

     We are trying to backupdatabase from one file.db to inmemory
connection. but we are getting this error in log file still backupdatabase
works fine.

why this error logs in log file. This error occurs only when the file is
accessed from network location and it also have read permission.

Error:

 SQLite notice (27): delayed 1375ms for lock/sharing conflict at line 42155

 SQLite error (14): os_win.c:42162: (5) winOpen(\\Server6166\2.0\testdb.db)
- Access is denied.

Source Code:

  SQLiteConnection db = new SQLiteConnection();

  db.ConnectionString = "Data Source=" + filepath;

  db.Open();

  db.BackupDatabase(WriteConn, "main", "main", 2000, null, 0);

  db.Close();

Thanks and Regards,

Karthi M

Re: SQLite Error while trying to BackupDatabase

Clemens Ladisch
Karthi M wrote:
>  SQLite notice (27): delayed 1375ms for lock/sharing conflict at line 42155
>  SQLite error (14): os_win.c:42162: (5) winOpen(\\Server6166\2.0\testdb.db)
> - Access is denied.

Somebody else was accessing the file at the same time.

This was probably another database connection, or a virus scanner.

Regards,
Clemens

Re: SQLite Error while trying to BackupDatabase

Karthi M
This Occurs if .db file is accessed from network path. any way to avoid
this warning??

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Clemens Ladisch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Karthi M wrote:
> >  SQLite notice (27): delayed 1375ms for lock/sharing conflict at line
> 42155
> >  SQLite error (14): os_win.c:42162: (5) winOpen(\\Server6166\2.0\
> testdb.db)
> > - Access is denied.
>
> Somebody else was accessing the file at the same time.
>
> This was probably another database connection, or a virus scanner.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

Re: SQLite Error while trying to BackupDatabase

Simon Slavin-3

On 20 Sep 2017, at 10:40am, Karthi M <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This Occurs if .db file is accessed from network path. any way to avoid
> this warning??

The networking system you’re using is not correctly supporting locking.  Without a working locking system there’s a chance your database will be corrupted.  The warning is important and not to be ignored.