Quantcast

SQLite Release 3.18.0

jose isaias cabrera-3

Thanks, Dr. Hipp for the new release of SQLite v3.18.0.  One of bullets of the new Added the PRAGMA optimize command is,

(Not yet implemented) Create indexes that might have been helpful to recent queries.

May I also suggest that the tool also provides info on useless indexes.  Thanks.

josé

Re: SQLite Release 3.18.0

David Burgess
I tried optimize.
sqlite> pragma main.optimize;
Error: database schema has changed

sqlite> pragma temp.optimize;
sqlite>

Anyone know what the error message means?

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:42 AM, jose isaias cabrera
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Dr. Hipp for the new release of SQLite v3.18.0.  One of bullets of the new Added the PRAGMA optimize command is,
>
> (Not yet implemented) Create indexes that might have been helpful to recent queries.
>
> May I also suggest that the tool also provides info on useless indexes.  Thanks.
>
> josé

David Burgess

Re: SQLite Release 3.18.0

jose isaias cabrera-3

I am getting the same thing with just plain,

PRAGMA optimize;

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Dr. Hipp for the new release of SQLite v3.18.0.  One of bullets of
> the new Added the PRAGMA optimize command is,
>
> (Not yet implemented) Create indexes that might have been helpful to
> recent queries.
>
> May I also suggest that the tool also provides info on useless indexes.
> Thanks.
>
> josé

David Burgess

Re: SQLite Release 3.18.0

On 4/2/17, David Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I tried optimize.
> sqlite> pragma main.optimize;
> Error: database schema has changed

I think that means you ran "PRAGMA optimize" as the very first command
on a freshly opened database connection.  This should be a no-op.
Read the go-bys - you should run "PRAGMA optimize" after running many
queries.  I will fix the harmless warning in the next release.