SQLite disk I/O error

Tal Tabakman-2
Hi guys
what is the reason for getting errors of type  "SQLite disk I/O error" when
doing operation like insert on sqlite DB.
seems like that the work dir in which I generate the DB has more space in
it.

any advice will be appreciated,

Re: SQLite disk I/O error

Richard Hipp-3
On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Tal Tabakman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
> what is the reason for getting errors of type  "SQLite disk I/O error" when
> doing operation like insert on sqlite DB.

Could be a lot of things.  Depends on what you are doing, what system you
are running on, etc.

Can you enable the error log (http://www.sqlite.org/errlog.html) so that we
can get more information?

> seems like that the work dir in which I generate the DB has more space in
> it.
>
> any advice will be appreciated,

Re: SQLite disk I/O error

Tal Tabakman-2
Hi Richard,

per your reply (attached below)

we are printing the last error message using sqlite_errmsg ... is it enough ?

anyway, the errors varies

for example once I got an error when inserting to a table and then I
got this for example:

"Could no execute SQL statement: PRAGMA synchronous = 0 ; . Error :
disk I/O error "

does it help ?

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Tal Tabakman <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> per your reply (attached below)
>
> we are printing the last error message using sqlite_errmsg ... is it
> enough ?
>
> anyway, the errors varies
>
> for example once I got an error when inserting to a table and then I
> got this for example:
>
> "Could no execute SQL statement: PRAGMA synchronous = 0 ; . Error :
> disk I/O error "
>

> does it help ?

No, not really.  sqlite3_extended_errcode() might help a little.  But
actually implementing a warning and error log would give us better
information.