SQLite on Windows Phone 8

Peter Naldal
Hi

"Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Phone" offers installation of "SQLite for
Windows Phone 8" as an extension. To enable programming against this
extension a wrapper component or library needs to be installed. I am using
sqlite-net installed via NuGet. But when compiling SQLite.cs, the compiler
complains that the namespace Community.CsharpSqlite is not found. The same
procedure works just fine in Visual Studio 2012 for Windows 8. For Windows
Phone a DLL is needed that includes the Community.CsharpSqlite namespace. I
have three questions:

1.       Has anyone allready build this DLL (Community.CsharpSqlite.WP.dll),
that is needed for sqlite-net?

2.       How do I compile the DLL myself?

3.       Are there other ways to utilize the "SQLite for Windows Phone 8"
extension?

I eagerly awaits your comments and answers.

Peter Naldal

Re: SQLite on Windows Phone 8

Joe Mistachkin-3

Peter Naldal wrote:

> "Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Phone" offers installation of "SQLite for
> Windows Phone 8" as an extension. To enable programming against this
> extension a wrapper component or library needs to be installed. I am using
> sqlite-net installed via NuGet.

When using the SQLite for Windows Phone extension SDK, an additional
component
may be required to use it from managed code (C#).  The "sqlite-net" project
seems to be a popular choice.

> But when compiling SQLite.cs, the compiler complains that the namespace
> Community.CsharpSqlite is not found. The same procedure works just fine in
> Visual Studio 2012 for Windows 8.  For Windows Phone a DLL is needed that
> includes the Community.CsharpSqlite namespace. I have three questions:
>
> 1.       Has anyone allready build this DLL
(Community.CsharpSqlite.WP.dll),
> that is needed for sqlite-net?
>
> 2.       How do I compile the DLL myself?

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the implementation of the "sqlite-net"
project.  Perhaps somebody else on the mailing list can comment on these
questions?

> 3.       Are there other ways to utilize the "SQLite for Windows Phone 8"
> extension?

I'm not sure.  If P/Invoke is allowed on Windows Phone 8, that could be
used.

--
Joe Mistachkin

Re: SQLite on Windows Phone 8

Peter Naldal
Has anybody tried to install "SQLite for Windows Phone 8"?
Any success?
I can install it. It shows up fine under References, but then what? The
Object Browser shows nothing.
What namespace can I reference?  What classes can I use?
\Peter

Peter Naldal wrote:

> [...]

Did you see the response I sent previously?

http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users%40sqlite.org/msg73619.html

--
Joe Mistachkin

Re: SQLite on Windows Phone 8

Noah Hart
Hello Peter,

This is a common configuration.

Please visit the C#SQLite project here:
http://code.google.com/p/csharp-sqlite/

and post questions to the usergroup here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/csharp-sqlite

Please keep in mind the following:

    This is not an official version of SQLite
    There is completely NO affiliation with SQLite.org
    Bugs should not be reported to their ticket tracking system

Thank you,
Noah Hart

Re: SQLite on Windows Phone 8

Scott Tiger
Hello Naoh.

csharp-sqlite is not a SQLite for Windows Phone 8.
Peter is talking about official release of SQLite for Windows Phone 8.
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html#wp8

Hello Peter.

This also discussed on msdn forum.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpdevelop/thread/083fc2a4-c1a0-4689-be69-c73361d13457/
They are talking about.
"At the BUILD conference, Peter Torr said a WinRT wrapper for SQLite will
be released soon".

I also waiting official SQLite WinRT wrapper.

Thanks.

2012/11/6 Noah Hart <[hidden email]>

> Hello Peter,
>
> This is a common configuration.
>
> Please visit the C#SQLite project here:
> http://code.google.com/p/csharp-sqlite/
>
> and post questions to the usergroup here:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/csharp-sqlite
>
> Please keep in mind the following:
>
>     This is not an official version of SQLite
>     There is completely NO affiliation with SQLite.org
>     Bugs should not be reported to their ticket tracking system
>
> Thank you,
> Noah Hart

Re: SQLite on Windows Phone 8

Peter Naldal
Hi Scott, Noah,  Joe and others

I downloaded C#-Sqlite source from http://code.google.com/p/csharp-sqlite/
and compiled the Community.CsharpSqlite.WinPhone and
Community.CsharpSqlite.SqliteClient.WP DLLs. In my project I installed
sqlite-net and referenced the above DLLs. Now the sqlite-net wrapper
including LINQ access works on Windows Phone 8. I uninstalled the official
"SQLite for Windows Phone 8" extension.  I don't understand how to take
advantage of it. Tim Heuer writes on his blog, that the purpose is to avoid
the hassle of managing different projects for every CPU.  I hope to be able
to take advantage of this at some point.

Thank you for your help!

/Peter