SQLite remote access over WAN

ajm

SQLite remote access over WAN

ajm
Hi list:

I've built a Windows desktop app using MS Visual C++ and SQLite. It works fair well in local mode, but now I need made it work over a TCP/IP network.

My question is if some in this list can suggest a library to that purpose, on the basis that I have not concerns on questions like concurrency, access permissions or encriptation. Preferable a light weigth open source C/C++ library. Not .NET, MFC or other external dependencies, although Boost Asio may be Ok. (already I'm using it)

Of course, I've done some dig in Google, codeproject, Stack Overflow, and so on. But at the moment I have not a formed opinión on that respect. Not to say that in most cases, the concern turn around questions like performance, concurrency, threads and so on. In this respect, the SQLite Network page (http://www2.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteNetwork) seems a bit outdate, and that by the way, a reference, the one of "uSQLiteServer and Client" seem to refer to a dangerous site (Google Chrome security warning).

Any sugestion or comment are wellcome.

--
Adolfo J. Millán

Re: SQLite remote access over WAN

Eduardo Morras-2

I used libevent (http://libevent.org/), ZMQ (http://zeromq.org/), nanomsg (http://nanomsg.org/) and plain standard libc in different projects. Depending on what you need, where your app will work, the workload you'll have, "the marketing wise boys" opinion, etc...  you should choose one or another.

> Any sugestion or comment are wellcome.
>
> --
> Adolfo J. Millán

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <[hidden email]>
ajm

Re: SQLite remote access over WAN

ajm

Eduardo:

Thanks for your input.

The ZeroMQ framework seem promising, but still I need some dig in it, and see if its asynchronous mode can be adequate to my purposes.

As as far as I can see, the matter has no easy solution (in Windows without .NET), so as a last resource, perhaps I use a plain skeletal RPC mechanism (MSRPC).

Cheers.

--
Adolfo J. Millan.