SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

Richard Hipp-3
Our plan is to release SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks - on
or about 2019-10-10.  Please review the change log

    https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_30_0.html

And perhaps download, build, and test the latest snapshot.  Please let
us know if you encounter any problems or concerns.

Re: SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

David Raymond
Looks good.

One request that popped to mind while looking at this: Would you expand the documentation on the index_info and index_xinfo pragmas to include what they return when run on an expression index?

Re: SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

Olivier Mascia
> Le 26 sept. 2019 à 20:26, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Our plan is to release SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks - on
> or about 2019-10-10.  Please review the change log
>
>    https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_30_0.html
>
> And perhaps download, build, and test the latest snapshot.  Please let
> us know if you encounter any problems or concerns.

Just reading for now.  https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_30_0.html says:

        • Enhance the RBU extension to support indexes on expressions.

While https://www.sqlite.org/draft/rbu.html still says:

        • The target database may not contain indexes on expressions.

—
Best Regards, Meilleures salutations, Met vriendelijke groeten, Mit besten Grüßen,
Olivier Mascia

Re: SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

Stephen Chrzanowski
"Still says" due to 3_30_0.html is in a draft, I would assume.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 3:31 PM Olivier Mascia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Le 26 sept. 2019 à 20:26, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Our plan is to release SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks - on
> > or about 2019-10-10.  Please review the change log
> >
> >    https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_30_0.html
> >
> > And perhaps download, build, and test the latest snapshot.  Please let
> > us know if you encounter any problems or concerns.
>
> Just reading for now.  https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_30_0.html
> says:
>
>         • Enhance the RBU extension to support indexes on expressions.
>
> While https://www.sqlite.org/draft/rbu.html still says:
>
>         • The target database may not contain indexes on expressions.
>
> —
> Best Regards, Meilleures salutations, Met vriendelijke groeten, Mit besten
> Grüßen,
> Olivier Mascia

Re: SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

Raitses, Alex
Hello,
I have noticed that security CVE (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-16168) has been submitted on SQLite. As far as I can see the patch was submitted to the trunk.
Will CVE patch be included in the 3.30.0?

Regards,
Alex

On 9/26/19, Raitses, Alex <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have noticed that security CVE
> (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-16168) has been submitted on
> SQLite. As far as I can see the patch was submitted to the trunk.
> Will CVE patch be included in the 3.30.0?

Yes.  https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?c=98357d8c1263920b33a3&y=ci

Re: SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

Micah Moore
Hello,

Attempting to use the Pre-release snapshot of SQLite 3.30.0 amalgamation in
a [Catalyst](
https://developer.apple.com/ipad-apps-for-mac/) based project -- targeting
UIKit for macOS -- fails with the error "'gethostuuid' is unavailable: not
available on macCatalyst"

Adapting this conditional to exclude gethostuuid() for UIKit for macOS
resolves the issue:

#if defined(__APPLE__) && ((__MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED > 1050) || \
                           (__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED > 2000))
#  if (!defined(TARGET_OS_EMBEDDED) || (TARGET_OS_EMBEDDED==0)) \
       && (!defined(TARGET_IPHONE_SIMULATOR) ||
(TARGET_IPHONE_SIMULATOR==0)) \
       && (!defined(TARGET_OS_UIKITFORMAC) || (TARGET_OS_UIKITFORMAC==0))
#    define HAVE_GETHOSTUUID 1
#  else
#    warning "gethostuuid() is disabled."
#  endif
#endif

Further details are in my initial email thread from a few months ago:
Adapt HAVE_GETHOSTUUID conditional for UIKit for macOS

This issue impacts any custom builds/configurations of SQLite being built
to target the Apple ecosystem.

Cheers,
Micah

On 9/27/19, Micah Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attempting to use the Pre-release snapshot of SQLite 3.30.0 amalgamation in
> a [Catalyst](
> https://developer.apple.com/ipad-apps-for-mac/) based project -- targeting
> UIKit for macOS -- fails with the error "'gethostuuid' is unavailable: not
> available on macCatalyst"

One simple work-around is to compile with
-DSQLITE_ENABLE_LOCKING_STYLE=0.  That is the approach I would
recommend.

Or, you can download the more recent snapshot and build with
-DHAVE_GETHOSTUUID=0

Re: SQLite version 3.30.0 in about two weeks.

Micah Moore
Thank you for the recommendations and latest adjustment, both work to
resolve the issue.