SQLite4 version

Mittal, Pradeep
Hi,

I am new to SQLite and looking for SQLite version which supports the SQLite4 interfaces and implementation. Please suggest me the released version of SQLite which support SQLIte4. Also please let me know, if there is any license requirements for the same.

If there is any web portal for SQLite4 documentation and examples, please let me know.

Any help in this regards, will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Pradeep

Re: SQLite4 version

Simon Slavin-3
On 29 May 2019, at 7:21am, Mittal, Pradeep <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am new to SQLite and looking for SQLite version which supports the SQLite4 interfaces and implementation.

There has never been a release version of SQLite4.  SQLite4 is a testbed for new ideas and new features.  Some features which proved useful have been integrated into SQLite3.  Other features have been rejected.

There may one day be a release of SQLite4, which people outside the development team can use.  But that has not happened yet.

Re: SQLite4 version

Warren Young
On May 29, 2019, at 6:16 AM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There may one day be a release of SQLite4

It doesn’t look like it: https://sqlite.org/src4/info/c0b7f14c0976ed5e

Re: SQLite4 version

Donald Griggs
Hello, Mittal,

Do you have a particular problem that you perceive would be solved by
sqlite4, and not by sqlite3, or were you simply wanting the "latest" sqlite
version?

Re: SQLite4 version

Mike King-6
Would it make sense for DRH to rename V4 to something else? For the
uninitiated it’s not always apparent that V3 is what you should be using.

Cheers

On 29 May 2019, at 2:02pm, Warren Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 29, 2019, at 6:16 AM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There may one day be a release of SQLite4
>
> It doesn’t look like it: https://sqlite.org/src4/info/c0b7f14c0976ed5e

Right.  I was considering a 'new' SQLite4 with new ideas in.  Unless the dev team is going to miss that name out and call it SQLite5.

Re: SQLite4 version

On 29 May 2019, at 2:12pm, Mike King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would it make sense for DRH to rename V4 to something else?

It might be helpful to put a note at the top of

<https://sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki>

Re: SQLite4 version

Mario Bezzi
On top of https://sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki, the statement

"/All development work on SQLite has ended." /should hopefully be/
/

/"///All development work on SQLite4 has ended."//

:-)

Thank you,

mario//
//

On May 29, 2019, at 7:12 AM, Mike King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would it make sense for DRH to rename V4 to something else? For the
> uninitiated it’s not always apparent that V3 is what you should be using.

drh appears to use major version number changes to mean “breaking file format change,” rather than just “major new version.”  Calling those now-terminated experiments “SQLite v4” was a way of saying that the file format was open to backwards-incompatible change for the first time since v2, which was something like 15 years ago now.

So, when drh says they aren’t going forward on the lines of development previously published as “SQLite 4” he’s saying that the current SQLite file format is expected to endure as-is for the foreseeable future.