SSL: cannot connect to host www3.sqlite.org:443 (Connection refused)

SSL: cannot connect to host www3.sqlite.org:443 (Connection refused)

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello Richard !

Since yesterday I'm getting this message when trying to use fossil for
sqlite3.

Autosync:  https://www3.sqlite.org/cgi/src
SSL: cannot connect to host www3.sqlite.org:443 (Connection refused)

Cheers !

Re: SSL: cannot connect to host www3.sqlite.org:443 (Connection refused)

Richard Hipp-3
On 1/25/20, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Richard !
>
> Since yesterday I'm getting this message when trying to use fossil for
> sqlite3.

Yeah.  That machine went completely bonkers and I had to rebuild it
from scratch, using a new IP address.  And because it used a new IP
address, I have to wait 24 hours for the new DNS information to
propagate before LetsEncrypt will give me a new cert.  The 24 hours
have now passed, but I have to be out of the office on some other
business.  I'll get the new cert installed and running as soon as I a
get a chance.  Patience,

Re: SSL: cannot connect to host www3.sqlite.org:443 (Connection refused)

Donald Griggs
And for anyone who might not be aware, there are official mirror servers
including

https://www.sqlite.org/cgi/src/doc/trunk/README.md

On 1/25/20, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/25/20, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Richard !
>>
>> Since yesterday I'm getting this message when trying to use fossil for
>> sqlite3.
>
> Yeah.  That machine went completely bonkers and I had to rebuild it
> from scratch, using a new IP address.  And because it used a new IP
> address, I have to wait 24 hours for the new DNS information to
> propagate before LetsEncrypt will give me a new cert.

Both https://www3.sqlite.org/ and https://www3.fossil-scm.org/ should
be back up now.

Re: SSL: cannot connect to host www3.sqlite.org:443 (Connection refused)

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello Richard !

I'm no getting this:

====

sqlite3$ fossil update
Autosync:  https://www3.sqlite.org/cgi/src
server says: 500 Server Malfunction
Pull done, sent: 1295  received: 217  ip: 64.225.41.2
Autosync failed.
continue in spite of sync failure (y/N)? n
update abandoned due to sync failure

====

Cheers !