Script Embedded SQLite With TCL

yaro
Hello,I am writing a C++ application that embeds TCL and for its database operations I am also embedding SQLite in it.I would like to be able to do the following:    1. Write TCL scripts for the embedded SQLite from the embedded TCL interpeter.    2. Pass an SQLite connection from the embedded TCL interpreter to C++ and use it in C++ for db operations, as well as the other way around.
I would appreciate your kind suggestions.Yaro.

Re: Script Embedded SQLite With TCL

Peter da Silva
There doesn’t seem to be a straightforward way to get the SQLite handle from the Tcl SQL command, but it is possible.

https://github.com/flightaware/Pgtcl/blob/master/generic/pgtclSqlite.c#L838

On 10/7/17, 9:31 AM, "sqlite-users on behalf of apajabo yaro" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello,I am writing a C++ application that embeds TCL and for its database operations I am also embedding SQLite in it.I would like to be able to do the following:    1. Write TCL scripts for the embedded SQLite from the embedded TCL interpeter.    2. Pass an SQLite connection from the embedded TCL interpreter to C++ and use it in C++ for db operations, as well as the other way around.
    I would appreciate your kind suggestions.Yaro.

Re: Script Embedded SQLite With TCL

yaro
Thanks for your reply Peter da Silva.
Since I want to embed TCL, my intent is to include only the TCL core code
and SQLite code in my project and build them into one exec file. This way I
can use SQLite in my C++ code as well as in TCL. Is this achievable? Or
should I build TCL with SQLite as the only included package and how can I do
it?