Script Language

Cesar D. Rodas
I am planning to develop a interpreted language with LEMON && FLEX. The main
goal is to provide a easy way to script commons actions, and to teach
algorithm in my University (National University of Asuncion - Paraguay).

The language have syntax as PHP and Python

I am planning to create a SQLite support in the core, for teach SQL too.

Is any one instresting to help in this project?

Thanks to all.

PD: The language doesn't have a name jet, and will be Public Domain.

--
Cesar Rodas
http://www.cesarodas.com/

Re: Script Language

Noel Frankinet
Cesar Rodas a écrit :

> I am planning to develop a interpreted language with LEMON && FLEX.
> The main
> goal is to provide a easy way to script commons actions, and to teach
> algorithm in my University (National University of Asuncion - Paraguay).
>
> The language have syntax as PHP and Python
>
> I am planning to create a SQLite support in the core, for teach SQL too.
>
> Is any one instresting to help in this project?
>
> Thanks to all.
>
> PD: The language doesn't have a name jet, and will be Public Domain.

Hello Cesar,

I am interested in the inner working of LEMON, so I am ready to help (I
know tcl and Lua, but I never have devlopped an interpretor).

Best regards

--
Noël Frankinet
Gistek Software SA

Re: Script Language

Cesar Rodas-2
Your help will be welcome.

On 09/03/07, Noel Frankinet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cesar Rodas a écrit :
> > I am planning to develop a interpreted language with LEMON && FLEX.
> > The main
> > goal is to provide a easy way to script commons actions, and to teach
> > algorithm in my University (National University of Asuncion - Paraguay).
> >
> > The language have syntax as PHP and Python
> >
> > I am planning to create a SQLite support in the core, for teach SQL too.
> >
> > Is any one instresting to help in this project?
> >
> > Thanks to all.
> >
> > PD: The language doesn't have a name jet, and will be Public Domain.

> 8/03/2007 10:58
> >
> Hello Cesar,
>
> I am interested in the inner working of LEMON, so I am ready to help (I
> know tcl and Lua, but I never have devlopped an interpretor).
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Noël Frankinet
> Gistek Software SA
> http://www.gistek.net

Cesar Rodas
http://www.cesarodas.com/
Mobile Phone: 595 961 974165
Phone: 595 21 645590

Re: Script Language

Noel Frankinet
Cesar Rodas a écrit :

> Your help will be welcome.
>
> On 09/03/07, Noel Frankinet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Cesar Rodas a écrit :
>> > I am planning to develop a interpreted language with LEMON && FLEX.
>> > The main
>> > goal is to provide a easy way to script commons actions, and to teach
>> > algorithm in my University (National University of Asuncion -
>> Paraguay).
>> >
>> > The language have syntax as PHP and Python
>> >
>> > I am planning to create a SQLite support in the core, for teach SQL
>> too.
>> >
>> > Is any one instresting to help in this project?
>> >
>> > Thanks to all.
>> >
>> > PD: The language doesn't have a name jet, and will be Public Domain.

>> 8/03/2007 10:58
>> >
>> Hello Cesar,
>>
>> I am interested in the inner working of LEMON, so I am ready to help (I
>> know tcl and Lua, but I never have devlopped an interpretor).
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> --
>> Noël Frankinet
>> Gistek Software SA
>> http://www.gistek.net

Just tell me what you expect from me.
Do you have a description of the language ( a grammar ?), is it object
based, object orientated or just procedural.
Do you want to implement it in pure C or a mixture of C and C++. Is SQL
a part of the language ?

--
Noël Frankinet
Gistek Software SA

Re: Script Language

Cesar D. Rodas
Will be written in C. I don't know too much of C++.

Will be like python. Will have Class, Functions, and lineal execution.

And I just want people to be there when i need to do test, and/or people to
suggest the grammar, syntax. I mean more the "Language Design". And why not
helping with code

On 09/03/07, Noel Frankinet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cesar Rodas a écrit :
> > Your help will be welcome.

> >> Paraguay).

> >> too.

> >> 8/03/2007 10:58
> >> >
> >> Hello Cesar,
> >>
> >> I am interested in the inner working of LEMON, so I am ready to help (I
> >> know tcl and Lua, but I never have devlopped an interpretor).
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >>
> >> --
> >> Noël Frankinet
> >> Gistek Software SA
> >> http://www.gistek.net

> 8/03/2007 10:58
> >
> Just tell me what you expect from me.
> Do you have a description of the language ( a grammar ?), is it object
> based, object orientated or just procedural.
> Do you want to implement it in pure C or a mixture of C and C++. Is SQL
> a part of the language ?
>
> --
> Noël Frankinet
> Gistek Software SA
> http://www.gistek.net

Cesar Rodas
http://www.cesarodas.com/
Mobile Phone: 595 961 974165
Phone: 595 21 645590

Re: Script Language

Stef Mientki-2

Cesar Rodas wrote:
> I am planning to develop a interpreted language with LEMON && FLEX.
> The main
> goal is to provide a easy way to script commons actions, and to teach
> algorithm in my University (National University of Asuncion - Paraguay).
>
> The language have syntax as PHP and Python
I wonder why you're not using one of these ?
Looks to me you're reinventing the wheel,
while with a lot less effort you could give a better wheel a nice color ;-)

cheers,
Stef

KvK: 41055629

Re: Script Language

John Stanton-3
It is not reinventing the wheel to develop the knowledge and skill to
design an effective language then to implement it effectively.  This is
an admirable project which will leave its young developer "loaded for bear".

Stef Mientki wrote:

> Cesar Rodas wrote:
>
>> I am planning to develop a interpreted language with LEMON && FLEX.
>> The main
>> goal is to provide a easy way to script commons actions, and to teach
>> algorithm in my University (National University of Asuncion - Paraguay).
>>
>> The language have syntax as PHP and Python
>
> I wonder why you're not using one of these ?
> Looks to me you're reinventing the wheel,
> while with a lot less effort you could give a better wheel a nice color ;-)
>
> cheers,
> Stef
>

> KvK: 41055629

RE: Script Language

Samuel Neff

The original post said the goal is to teach algorithms, not programming
language design.  So for teaching algorithms I'd have to agree that using a
custom language is not the best choice.  For teaching how to write a
programming language, then of course you want to learn how to create your
own.

My $0.02.

Sam

We're Hiring! Seeking a passionate developer to join our team building
products. Position is in the Washington D.C. metro area. If interested
contact [hidden email]

Stef Mientki wrote:

> Cesar Rodas wrote:
>
>> I am planning to develop a interpreted language with LEMON && FLEX.
>> The main
>> goal is to provide a easy way to script commons actions, and to teach
>> algorithm in my University (National University of Asuncion - Paraguay).
>>
>> The language have syntax as PHP and Python
>
> I wonder why you're not using one of these ?
> Looks to me you're reinventing the wheel,
> while with a lot less effort you could give a better wheel a nice color
;-)

> cheers,
> Stef

Re: Script Language

John Stanton-3
Both Knuth and Wirth use the approach of a language of their own design
to teach algorithms (and more).  Cesar, like Newton, will see far by
standing on the shoulders of giants.

Samuel R. Neff wrote:

> The original post said the goal is to teach algorithms, not programming
> language design.  So for teaching algorithms I'd have to agree that using a
> custom language is not the best choice.  For teaching how to write a
> programming language, then of course you want to learn how to create your
> own.
>
> My $0.02.
>
> Sam

> We're Hiring! Seeking a passionate developer to join our team building
> products. Position is in the Washington D.C. metro area. If interested
> contact [hidden email]

Re: Script Language

Eugene Wee
Hi,

Well, another way to stand on the shoulders of giants is to use the work of
those giants to build up your own.

Regards,
Eugene Wee

John Stanton wrote:

> Both Knuth and Wirth use the approach of a language of their own design
> to teach algorithms (and more).  Cesar, like Newton, will see far by
> standing on the shoulders of giants.
>
> Samuel R. Neff wrote:
>> The original post said the goal is to teach algorithms, not programming
>> language design.  So for teaching algorithms I'd have to agree that
>> using a
>> custom language is not the best choice.  For teaching how to write a
>> programming language, then of course you want to learn how to create your
>> own.
>>
>> My $0.02.
>>
>> Sam

>>> Stef