Sharing data between desktop and Android

Sharing data between desktop and Android

Cecil Westerhof-5
I am thinking about writing some Android applications. I would like to
share data between the phone (or tablet) and de desktop. What is the best
way to do this? In a way that would also be convenient for other people.

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: Sharing data between desktop and Android

Clemens Ladisch
Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I am thinking about writing some Android applications. I would like to
> share data between the phone (or tablet) and de desktop. What is the best
> way to do this? In a way that would also be convenient for other people.

There is no good way to go over the USB connection (the best would be to
manually copy files).  You'll have to use a net connection, which requires
a separate server if the desktop is not one.

Regards,
Clemens

Re: Sharing data between desktop and Android

Andy Ling-2
Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I am thinking about writing some Android applications. I would like to
> share data between the phone (or tablet) and de desktop. What is the best
> way to do this? In a way that would also be convenient for other people.

I use an Android app that does this. It has a companion PC app that lets
you backup and modify the underlying sqlite database. It transfers the
database between Android and PC using a web link. There is a "sync
to PC" menu on the app that opens the connection.

HTH

Andy Ling

Re: Sharing data between desktop and Android

Cecil Westerhof-5

> Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> > I am thinking about writing some Android applications. I would like to
> > share data between the phone (or tablet) and de desktop. What is the best
> > way to do this? In a way that would also be convenient for other people.
>
> I use an Android app that does this. It has a companion PC app that lets
> you backup and modify the underlying sqlite database. It transfers the
> database between Android and PC using a web link. There is a "sync
> to PC" menu on the app that opens the connection.

​Can you share information about it?

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: Sharing data between desktop and Android

Andy Ling-2
> Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> > I am thinking about writing some Android applications. I would like to
> > share data between the phone (or tablet) and de desktop. What is the best
> > way to do this? In a way that would also be convenient for other people.
>
> I use an Android app that does this. It has a companion PC app that lets
> you backup and modify the underlying sqlite database. It transfers the
> database between Android and PC using a web link. There is a "sync
> to PC" menu on the app that opens the connection.

​> Can you share information about it?

It's not my app, I just use it. It's called MobileSheetsPro. There's more information
here

http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/

Mike, the guy that wrote it, is extremely helpful. So if you contact him I'm sure
he'll help you out.

Regards

Andy Ling

Re: Sharing data between desktop and Android

Cecil Westerhof-5

> > Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> > > I am thinking about writing some Android applications. I would like to
> > > share data between the phone (or tablet) and de desktop. What is the
> best
> > > way to do this? In a way that would also be convenient for other
> people.
> >
> > I use an Android app that does this. It has a companion PC app that lets
> > you backup and modify the underlying sqlite database. It transfers the
> > database between Android and PC using a web link. There is a "sync
> > to PC" menu on the app that opens the connection.
> >

> ​> Can you share information about it?
>
> It's not my app, I just use it. It's called MobileSheetsPro. There's more
> information
> here
>
> http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/
>
> Mike, the guy that wrote it, is extremely helpful. So if you contact him
> I'm sure
> he'll help you out.

​OK, I will do that. Thanks.

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: Sharing data between desktop and Android

Don V Nielsen
I use an app called AirDroid: https://www.airdroid.com/

It goes beyond copying files to/from phone and pc, but it is one of its
functionalities.

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 6:08 AM, Cecil Westerhof <[hidden email]>