Shell commands for controlling headers

Craig H Maynard
All,

Could someone clarify the difference between the two sqlite3 shell commands .header and .headers?

The relevant documentation page: https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html

On this page, .header is discussed in section 5 but does not appear in Section 3.

Thanks,
Craig

--
Craig H Maynard
Rhode Island,

Re: Shell commands for controlling headers

Richard Hipp-3
On 11/23/19, Craig H Maynard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Could someone clarify the difference between the two sqlite3 shell commands
> .header and .headers?
>
> The relevant documentation page: https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html
>
> On this page, .header is discussed in section 5 but does not appear in
> Section 3.

Documentation fix https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/info/a2762f031964e774
will appears in the next release.

".header" is an abbreviation for ".headers" and does exactly the same thing.

> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> --
> Craig H Maynard
> Rhode Island,

Shell commands for controlling headers

Craig Maynard-2
All,

Could someone clarify the difference between the two sqlite3 shell commands .header and .headers?

The relevant documentation page: https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html

On the cli page, .header is discussed in section 5 but does not appear in Section 3.

Thanks,
Craig

--
Craig H Maynard
Rhode Island, USA

Re: Shell commands for controlling headers

John McKown
On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 8:42 AM Craig Maynard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Could someone clarify the difference between the two sqlite3 shell
> commands .header and .headers?
>
> The relevant documentation page: https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html
>
> On the cli page, .header is discussed in section 5 but does not appear in
> Section 3.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> --
> Craig H Maynard
> Rhode Island, USA

In the sqlite cli itself, doing an ".help", I see:

.header(s)

So I am guessing that they are the same things, perhaps for compatibility
with something in the past.

--
People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><

Re: Shell commands for controlling headers

David Raymond
Dr Hipp replied to this 2 days ago with this:

Documentation fix https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/info/a2762f031964e774
will appears in the next release.

".header" is an abbreviation for ".headers" and does exactly the same thing.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 8:42 AM Craig Maynard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Could someone clarify the difference between the two sqlite3 shell
> commands .header and .headers?
>
> The relevant documentation page: https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html
>
> On the cli page, .header is discussed in section 5 but does not appear in
> Section 3.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> --
> Craig H Maynard
> Rhode Island, USA

In the sqlite cli itself, doing an ".help", I see:

.header(s)

So I am guessing that they are the same things, perhaps for compatibility
with something in the past.

--
People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Re: Shell commands for controlling headers

John McMahon-2

On 26/11/2019 02:49, David Raymond wrote:
> Dr Hipp replied to this 2 days ago with this:
>

> Documentation fix https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/info/a2762f031964e774
> will appears in the next release.
>
> ".header" is an abbreviation for ".headers" and does exactly the same thing.

AFAIK all dot commands can be abbreviated to the shortest distinct
partial word, thus ".headers on" can be shortened to ".hea on". This has
been the case at least back to sqlite2 and back then, this was mentioned
in the CLI documentation and is probably also somewhere in the current
documentation. I leave finding it as an exercise for the reader.

John

--
Regards
    John McMahon

When people say "The climate has changed before,"
these are the kinds of changes they're talking about.
https://xkcd.com/1732/