Size of INSERT and UPDATE in TRANSACTION

Size of INSERT and UPDATE in TRANSACTION

Hannes Ricklefs
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the number of INSERT UPDATE
statements in one TRANSACTION. For example I have the situation that i have to
do around 20.000 INSERTS in one TRANSACTION, so I am wondering if it has any
performance improvements if I split these up into smaller TRANSACTIONS of 1000
each?

Thanks,
Hannes

Re: Size of INSERT and UPDATE in TRANSACTION

Martin Engelschalk
Hello Hannes,

I think no, you need not split your transaction. I do millions on insert
in one transaction and it works real fast

Martin

Hannes Ricklefs schrieb:

>Hello,
>
>I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the number of INSERT UPDATE
>statements in one TRANSACTION. For example I have the situation that i have to
>do around 20.000 INSERTS in one TRANSACTION, so I am wondering if it has any
>performance improvements if I split these up into smaller TRANSACTIONS of 1000
>each?
>
>Thanks,
>Hannes

Re: Size of INSERT and UPDATE in TRANSACTION

R S-2
It would be the other way around, no?
The larger the no of inserts within a Transaction, the better the
performance.