Some Latin characters cannot be handled correctly

Some Latin characters cannot be handled correctly

Wei, Wang
Recently I faced a problem that when I opened my database with the SQLite Developer tool, if I set the encoding to UNICODE, I failed to queried out the result which including some Latin characters. But when I set the encoding to ASNI, everything is ok.
Please see the attached picture to find the details.

I supposed that SQLite or SQLite Developer cannot handle some special characters correctly for UNICODE.

Best Regards,
Wang Wei

Re: Some Latin characters cannot be handled correctly

Hick Gunter
SQLite will faithfully return whatever sequence of bytes you passed in when inserting the data.

If you insert ISO-ANSI encoded data then please do not expect the returned data to be magically converted to UTF.

BTW, this mailing list does not support attachments.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Recently I faced a problem that when I opened my database with the SQLite Developer tool, if I set the encoding to UNICODE, I failed to queried out the result which including some Latin characters. But when I set the encoding to ASNI, everything is ok.
Please see the attached picture to find the details.

I supposed that SQLite or SQLite Developer cannot handle some special characters correctly for UNICODE.

Best Regards,
Wang Wei

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: [hidden email]

On 2 Jun 2016, at 7:32am, Wang, Wei <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I supposed that SQLite or SQLite Developer cannot handle some special characters correctly for UNICODE.

Internally, SQLite is entirely UNICODE.  If you see a menu somewhere which gives you a chance to select encoding, that menu is part of something outside SQLite.

By the way, SQLite Developer is not made by the people who develop SQLite.  It is made by a company.  If there are bugs in it only the company that makes it can fix them.