Quantcast

SqLite Report Generator For Windows

Rajesh Nair-5
Is there any free SqLite3 *Report Generator For MS-Windows.* I searched the
web with Google but no result. All are commercial and/or with .NET, I want
it use with VC++ 6.0. Even a COM object can solve my problem. Have any one
developed such an utility that can be shared with all of us. Please reply.
With Report Generator I mean *a report template designer, and a report
viewer.* A report template designer will be enough for me to cope with my
current problem. Any one please reply. I have also read a mail long before
in sqlite group regarding this. There is one I found in CodeProject.COM and
the link is given below.
www.codeproject.com/KB/printing/ReportGenerator.aspx
It is good but not the one what I needed. Also a C# project is also provided
in CodeProject that uses the above project but I cannot use it since it is
C#. I want it in VC++. If some one have such a thing please share it.

--
Regards
Rajesh Nair

Re: SqLite Report Generator For Windows

Kees Nuyt
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:26:33 +0530, "Rajesh Nair"
<[hidden email]> wrote in General Discussion of SQLite
Database <[hidden email]>:

>Is there any free SqLite3 *Report Generator For MS-Windows.* I searched the
>web with Google but no result. All are commercial and/or with .NET, I want
>it use with VC++ 6.0. Even a COM object can solve my problem. Have any one
>developed such an utility that can be shared with all of us. Please reply.
>With Report Generator I mean *a report template designer, and a report
>viewer.* A report template designer will be enough for me to cope with my
>current problem. Any one please reply. I have also read a mail long before
>in sqlite group regarding this. There is one I found in CodeProject.COM and
>the link is given below.
>www.codeproject.com/KB/printing/ReportGenerator.aspx
>It is good but not the one what I needed. Also a C# project is also provided
>in CodeProject that uses the above project but I cannot use it since it is
>C#. I want it in VC++. If some one have such a thing please share it.

SQLiteExplorer (by Mike Cariotoglou) has an optional report
designer/generator.

See: http://www.singular.gr/sqlite/ (close to the bottom of the page)

It should be possible to use any report generator that can connect to
ODBC (even MS Access) together with one of the SQLite ODBC drivers.

See also (you probably already found):
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteReporting
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools

Good luck.
--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )

Re: SqLite Report Generator For Windows

Rajesh Nair-5
Thanks a lot.
Actually I don't want to use ODBC. If I use ODBC then I will be able to use
Crystall Report. I don't want ODBC in my project, don't even want to create
it using code itself. That's why I am using SQLITE. I don't have enough time
to develop a reporting control of my own ( Only to fullfill my needs ).
That's why I am searching the net. I will test those you suggested. I thing
the FastReport may be good one. Let me test it. Once angain THANKS for your
support.

Rajesh Nair

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Kees Nuyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:26:33 +0530, "Rajesh Nair"
> <[hidden email]> wrote in General Discussion of SQLite
> Database <[hidden email]>:
>
> >Is there any free SqLite3 *Report Generator For MS-Windows.* I searched
> the
> >web with Google but no result. All are commercial and/or with .NET, I want
> >it use with VC++ 6.0. Even a COM object can solve my problem. Have any one
> >developed such an utility that can be shared with all of us. Please reply.
> >With Report Generator I mean *a report template designer, and a report
> >viewer.* A report template designer will be enough for me to cope with my
> >current problem. Any one please reply. I have also read a mail long before
> >in sqlite group regarding this. There is one I found in CodeProject.COM
> and
> >the link is given below.
> >www.codeproject.com/KB/printing/ReportGenerator.aspx
> >It is good but not the one what I needed. Also a C# project is also
> provided
> >in CodeProject that uses the above project but I cannot use it since it is
> >C#. I want it in VC++. If some one have such a thing please share it.
>
> SQLiteExplorer (by Mike Cariotoglou) has an optional report
> designer/generator.
>
> See: http://www.singular.gr/sqlite/ (close to the bottom of the page)
>
> It should be possible to use any report generator that can connect to
> ODBC (even MS Access) together with one of the SQLite ODBC drivers.
>
> See also (you probably already found):
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteReporting
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools
>
> Good luck.